Opposition to AWB from CNN poll

PDA

jmcc11
June 9, 2004, 02:24 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/usnw/20040604/pl_usnw/cnn_poll_shows_growing_opposition_to_extension_of_clinton_ban_on_certain_semiautomatic_firearms155_xml

If you enjoyed reading about "Opposition to AWB from CNN poll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TarpleyG
June 9, 2004, 04:35 PM
Who'da thunk it!!!

Greg

erbo_CO
June 9, 2004, 04:47 PM
They made a news story out of a CNN Web poll?!?!?

Really, the comments on Slashdot's Web poll are applicable to virtually any Web poll:

"This whole thing is wildly inaccurate. Rounding errors, ballot stuffers, dynamic IPs, firewalls. If you're using these numbers to do anything important, you're insane."

Still, it's nice to see what appears to be a sudden onset of sanity among Americans....

Bartholomew Roberts
June 9, 2004, 05:02 PM
It isn't a news story - it is a press release from an RKBA group that Yahoo picked up.

erbo_CO
June 9, 2004, 05:21 PM
My bad. I hate when that happens...some of these sites, you can't tell the difference between a press release and a "real" news story at a glance.

Stand_Watie
June 10, 2004, 12:29 PM
I've been watching the poll, and while I'd like to think that the press statement is exactly correct, my own interpetation of the numbers would be more along the lines of

"Of those who hold strong opinions on the subject, anti-awb'ers strongly outnumber pro-awb'ers"

I think that after the first couple days of the poll it has been mostly the brady gang and us doing the voting.

Justin
June 10, 2004, 02:13 PM
Shhh....Don't give away the secret!

;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Opposition to AWB from CNN poll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!