Ruger Mark II Sights

PDA

Baby Huey
June 9, 2004, 11:15 PM
I have a Ruger Mark II bull barrel with the adjustable sights. I have the screw on front sight, and after about 1000 rounds, it has come loose. Does is need loctite (blue or red), plumbers tape, or something stronger? I am also interested in possibly replacing both the front and rear with a fixed combat style sight, since I only use the gun for plinking. Does any manufacturer make these?

Thanks for the help.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Mark II Sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stans
June 10, 2004, 06:06 AM
The screw retained front sight is notorious for coming unscrewed. Clean the threads and use a little blue Locktite.

Baby Huey
June 10, 2004, 11:55 AM
Copy that. Blue Loctite. Sounds like something I can take care of myself. Thanks.

Brian Williams
June 10, 2004, 12:31 PM
Finger nail polish does the trick also.

Baby Huey
June 11, 2004, 02:14 AM
I will try the nail polish. I'm sure my wife has more of that than the blue locktite!

Mikke
June 11, 2004, 06:42 AM
After I put some blue locktite on the screw, it's been firmly in place for the last 5 years or so. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Mark II Sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!