How tight should a Ruger Super Blackhawk barrel be torqued?

PDA

Randy in Arizona
June 11, 2004, 01:43 AM
How tight should a Ruger Super Blackhawk barrel be torqued?

I have a Ruger Super Blackhawk barrel that the post the ejector rod housing retainer screw came un-soldered from.

I just want to send Ruger the barrel as I do not want the Legal Eagle Approved conversion kit installed.

If you enjoyed reading about "How tight should a Ruger Super Blackhawk barrel be torqued?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Wildalaska
June 11, 2004, 02:10 AM
aNY GUNSMITH CAN RESOLDER THE HOUSING BACK ON....

WildoopscapslockAlaska

Jim K
June 11, 2004, 10:57 PM
I was not aware that Ruger installed the conversion unless asked to do so. I suggest calling them.

I doubt that lug was soldered on; more likely it was induction brazed and replacing it is a factory job.

Removing and replacing the barrel requires a barrel vise and receiver wrench just like removing/replacing a rifle barrel. I strongly advise not trying to do this without the proper equipment, but rather just sending the whole gun to Ruger.

Jim

Wildalaska
June 12, 2004, 01:22 AM
Hi jim Brazed or not we have resoldered several with great sucess...

WildeasyoneAlaska

If you enjoyed reading about "How tight should a Ruger Super Blackhawk barrel be torqued?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!