Site Questions/Thoughts

PDA

ChairborneRanger
June 13, 2004, 08:31 AM
A thought: Instead of the icon "User CP", would it be better to have "Log In" as an icon? I don't visit the site as often as some, but seemingly am 'forever' having to hunt around to figure out how to log in. This is a super site, though----nice folks, too!

A question: I can't seem to figure out if there is an icon---or what exactly the process is for being able to quote an earlier msg. in a reply that I want to make.

Thanks from someone who isn't always the 'best' when it comes to computers and the internet. Have a great weekend! CR

If you enjoyed reading about "Site Questions/Thoughts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pax
June 13, 2004, 10:18 AM
Dunno about the login option -- I never had trouble finding it at the bottom of the screen, but you may be right.

re quoting someone, there isn't a one-button click for that. What you do is

highlight the part of their post that you want to quote (put your cursor at the beginning of the section, hold down your left mouse button, move the cursor to the end of the section, let go of the left mouse button)

move the cursor into the highlighted area and press your right mouse button. This will bring up a menu. Select "copy."

open up your reply screen, if you haven't already done that

type

click your right mouse button and select "paste" from the menu

type

then type your own reply.

Hope that helps. :)

pax

If you enjoyed reading about "Site Questions/Thoughts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!