Any writers, editiors, publishers..edit / writing help requested.

PDA

IAJack
June 14, 2004, 12:37 PM
(Mods sorry if wrong area)

Hi,

I am working on a campaign for a local pro gun sheriffs candidate. I guess I am acting campaign manager. Our candidate is very pro-gun and pro-carry vs. the current sheriff whom isn't. We have just won our primary and in fact by a pretty good margin.

I am a part time graphic artist and have put together a campaign brochure for our side. We did a similer brochure for the primary but the help I had on that is no longer with us. We have a winning issue, just need to clean up my writing mess some? Although have done the layout ok and have the content all in place I am NO writer or editor. I could use some help with the grammer, punctuation, etc. etc.

If there are any volunteers that would be willing to give it a look it would be appreciated. Just respond or e-mail me and tell me what format you would like it in.

Thanks all

IAJack

If you enjoyed reading about "Any writers, editiors, publishers..edit / writing help requested." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Andrew Rothman
June 14, 2004, 01:19 PM
You're singing my song!

I am a journalism graduate and former reporter. Please let me know if I can help. Look for a PM with contact info.

Partisan Ranger
June 14, 2004, 01:31 PM
Jack,

Check your email. My site is www.josephpickett.com. I'm a full time freelance writer/editor.

Partisan Ranger
June 14, 2004, 01:33 PM
BTW, you'll notice I have exactly zero RKBA copy on my site. I used to but took it off.

I find that 'extremist' gun material can scare away potential clients!

IAJack
June 14, 2004, 02:42 PM
Thanks for all the responses, e-mail will be coming, I have recieved alot of PM's and e-mails offering to help and will be following up. Thanks again so much even if you don't hear back. I will try to write everyone though

IAJack

Standing Wolf
June 14, 2004, 04:35 PM
I can pitch in if you haven't already settled on someone. I've been making my living as a writer and editor—among other things—since 1966, and have lots of marketing and advertising experience.

Best of success, eh?

IAJack
June 14, 2004, 05:12 PM
Info on the way when i get a chane to send it wolf

mec
June 14, 2004, 05:47 PM
find as many other issues as you can as candidates appearing to ride in on one horse generally don't unseat officeholders.

IAJack
June 14, 2004, 06:26 PM
thanks mec,

yes thankfully we are running against a non-incumbant in the general election. The incumbant sheriff is retiring. Also our opponent is not a real popular person so to speak. We also have other issues we are pushing etc.

later

If you enjoyed reading about "Any writers, editiors, publishers..edit / writing help requested." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!