Retrofit new T900 trigger to Marlin 17HMR?

PDA

Chugach
June 14, 2004, 11:27 PM
Anybody know if it's possible to retrofit the new 2nd gen Marlin T900 trigger assembly to the first generation Marlin 17HMR Model 917VS?

I've got a first generation, and the trigger pull pretty much stinks...

Just found out about the T900 on the Marlin web site. A web search doesn't turn up much info...I did find a reference to the original announcement made at the latest SHOT show.

If you enjoyed reading about "Retrofit new T900 trigger to Marlin 17HMR?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
doomguy
March 14, 2006, 05:29 PM
I have both a new 917VS (with the T-900 trigger) and an older model 25MN. It doesn't look at all practical to me to try to adapt the T-900 to the older reciever, but it could probably be done if you have a milling machine.

However, I am not at all impressed with the new T-900 trigger. My daughter bought a .22 LR with the T-900 trigger and it is very nice. The one that came on my nice new 917VS purely sucks. When I first got it, it was about 8 lb.s, though nice and crisp. I replaced the trigger spring and got that down to 4 lb.s, still too high for a nice target gun. So I took it apart and carefully polished the trigger and sear contact points, as well as the firing pin release contact point, checking my work with a jewels loupe. It's now down to 3 lb.s, Still more than what I want, which is about 2 lb.s.

I, of course, will continue working on the thing but I might just end up breaking down and purchasing a new Rifle Basix trigger from Midway.

I had to do trigger work on the 25MN also and it was MUCH easier to get a good trigger pull on it.

I believe the new T-900 trigger is touted as so wonderfull because it saves Marlin money in production costs. :fire:

I suggest you save your money and stay with what you have. My two cents....

If you enjoyed reading about "Retrofit new T900 trigger to Marlin 17HMR?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!