Where do I sign the FOID card?

PDA

whm1974
June 15, 2004, 06:53 AM
Ok as some of you know I just got my IL FOID card last week. Well after reading the FOID FAQ at http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/firearmsfaq.cfm it appers that I'm suppose to sign the card. So where do I sign the card at?

Bill MEadows

If you enjoyed reading about "Where do I sign the FOID card?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lee n. field
June 15, 2004, 08:44 AM
Mine isn't signed, and you're right, I don't see any place to sign it, especially after it comes back from the State already laminated. Maybe it's just the app that needs to be signed.

mack69
June 15, 2004, 10:30 AM
Bill, you need to sign the card next to your picture. On the far right side edge you will see a very faint blue/green line that says sign name above in ball point pen only. I didn't notice it for weeks until the counter guy at the range asked me to sign it. mack

USAFNoDAk
June 15, 2004, 10:30 AM
FOID. From the State of Illinois perspective, do these initials represent

"Fear of Opinionated, Independant, Demeanor"?

mack69
June 15, 2004, 10:31 AM
USAF....FOID=FIREARMS OWNERSHIP IS DEAD!!! :cuss:

GigaBuist
June 15, 2004, 11:01 AM
You know who else requires something like a FOID?

Cuba.

How's that make ya feel?

Tinker
June 15, 2004, 11:08 AM
I've read of FOIDs before, but other than guessing it's firearms related I don't know what it is. Can anybody educate me please? Thanks.

TheBluesMan
June 15, 2004, 11:46 AM
FOID = Firearm Owner IDentification

Kinda like the yellow stars that German Jews used to wear to be readily identifiable to their masters. :(

lee n. field
June 15, 2004, 12:26 PM
Bill, you need to sign the card next to your picture. On the far right side edge you will see a very faint blue/green line that says sign name above in ball point pen only.

Oop, there it is. You're right.

Tinker
June 15, 2004, 12:33 PM
Thanks, Bluesman.

GigaBuist
June 15, 2004, 02:32 PM
An ID card is required in Illinois to buy any firearm or ammo. I beleive NJ and MA and Cuba have similar programs.

Pretty sure IL is the only one that requires ID for ammo though. Can't remember how that works for out of state hunters that need an extra box.

whm1974
June 15, 2004, 03:28 PM
Bill, you need to sign the card next to your picture. On the far right side edge you will see a very faint blue/green line that says sign name above in ball point pen only. I didn't notice it for weeks until the counter guy at the range asked me to sign it. mack

Same here. As soon as I show the owner my FOID card, he said it wasn't good and then showed me where to sign. I guess I wasn't the first person to walk in with a unsigned FOID card.

Pretty sure IL is the only one that requires ID for ammo though. Can't remember how that works for out of state hunters that need an extra box.

out of state hunters can buy ammo.

-Bill

If you enjoyed reading about "Where do I sign the FOID card?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!