Senator Nancy Jacobs MD

PDA

Gunfyter
June 17, 2004, 04:35 PM
After my visit to the MAryland legislature in March, I sent several email messages to Senator Nancy Jacobs thanking her for her support in defeating the Maryuland version of the AWB. Today I got an email from her requesting funds in support of her re-election. My check will be mailed shortly. For any other High Roaders that would care to help this lady out, here is her letter. Guys, this is a gal who is worth supporting, have at it.

Dear Friend,

I can be categorized in a number of ways: wife, mother to three daughters, grandmother to 2 (soon to be 4) grandkids, Christian, gun owner, concealed carry permit holder, and proud defender of this eroding right.

Like me, I know that you understand the importance of protecting and defending the idea of individual liberty and the Constitution of the United States. As you know, there is a strong effort underway to undermine and eliminate the Second Amendment to the Constitution that guarantees an individual the right to keep and bear arms.

This year, anti-Second Amendment forces gathered behind a number of initiatives including a ban on guns that were deemed "assault" rifles. Despite a complete lack of evidence that banning these or any guns has any affect on crime, these anti-gun groups thought that they could politicize the tragedies of the Beltway sniper shootings to forward their liberal gun banning agenda.

In an uncommon moment of honesty in the hearings, some of the groups that testified in favor of this gun ban candidly and openly admitted that banning these "assault" rifles was the first step towards BANNING ALL HANDGUNS IN MARYLAND!

We know that this is their real objective. They don't understand guns or why anyone would want to own them, so they want to stop us from owning them.

I argued repeatedly and fiercely with the gun ban proponents during the hearing. One of my proudest moments of session was when the Committee room packed with Second Amendment supporters, burst into applause when I asked a gun-banning group, "Why do you want to take a gun away from me, when a gun in my hands could someday save your life?" The crowd had to be gaveled quiet with threats from the anti-gun Chairman of my Committee from Montgomery County.

You see, I am one of the anti-gun groups' biggest fears - - a grandmother that owns a gun and has a right to carry permit and is not afraid to confront them over their lies and distortions.

We were able to surprisingly defeat this gun ban by one vote in my Committee with the help of Governor Ehrlich working with me to convince the swing member of my Committee to vote against it. Defeating this bill gives our side some incredible momentum, since this was the primary effort of the gun banning forces.

We won't stop here though. We are putting the anti-gun groups on the defensive by sponsoring legislation to give all Maryland law-abiding citizens the right to protect themselves. There is no excuse for Maryland ignoring the truth about becoming a shall-issue state for concealed carry permits. The facts show that crime dramatically decreases when criminals don't know who might be carrying a gun.

Shall issue laws make everyone safer and recognize the fundamental right to self-protection.

I possess a right to carry permit only because of threats that were made against me based on my voting record. It is patently wrong that someone's life has to be threatened before one has the right to defend himself in the state of Maryland.

I co-sponsored the bill that would have granted Marylanders this basic right, but it fell short by one vote.

You have my word that I will not rest until law abiding citizens have the right to carry a gun for self defense.

I know that being a visible advocate for gun rights in this state makes me a target. I realize that there is a large segment of the population that through ignorance fears guns. Guns will continue to be vilified by the political left, and those that support gun ownership are vulnerable.

That is why I am turning to you. I know that you understand the importance of freedom and protection of the Second Amendment. The Montgomery County liberal groups are well funded and would love to have the head of a visible Second-Amendment supporter like myself as an election trophy.

It is imperative that I begin to raise funds for my re-election now. I need your help urgently to show the liberal groups my electoral strength.

Please consider giving my re-election campaign a gift of $200, $100 or even $50. Your contribution will go directly to my re-election effort, and allow me to continue to defend our Constitution from liberal attacks.

I am a legislator who wears as a badge of honor my "Gun Owner and Proud" lapel button. But my visibility on this issue makes me a target. That is why your gift of $200, $100, $50 or whatever you can afford to give is vital to the struggle for freedom here in Maryland.

We can make a difference in Maryland and give all Marylanders the fundamental right of self-protection. I need to know that I can count on your support in this effort. We are only one vote away in my Committee now!

Your gift to my re-election campaign is essential to this effort. I have stood up for your rights and will continue to do so! Please consider making a contribution of $500, $100, $50 or even $25. Any gift will be greatly appreciated and will make a difference.

There is a slim margin in the Senate that will either protect or erode your rights! Please help to make a difference today. With your help we can make Maryland a Second Amendment state!

Sincerely,

Nancy Jacobs
Maryland State Senate
Cecil / Harford District 24

If you enjoyed reading about "Senator Nancy Jacobs MD" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
moa
June 17, 2004, 07:38 PM
Yep, I got the same email yesterday. check will be in the mail.

Norton
June 18, 2004, 12:39 AM
Ditto....the check is in the mail.....

00-Guy
June 18, 2004, 08:58 AM
Ditto on the receiving the message. Also ditto on the check.

Another positive on Senator Jacobs is that she was/is a staunch supporter of the Romano family and their ordeal with the Oken b*lls**t. (Or as my wife referred to the Romano's ordeal, death by legal injunction.)

paul....

For you non-Marylanders - Steven Oken, my he continue to breathe dirt, raped and killed Dawn Garvin, the Romano's diaughter in 1987. He was convicted of that crime in 1991 and was executed last night for that crime. (nb He was also guilty of raping and murdering two other women.)

Gunfyter
June 18, 2004, 09:02 AM
Yep, got to agree. If ever a ba$tid deserved to burn in hell, it was Oken. Poor guy didn't think it was fair that the injection might hurt.

Spot77
June 19, 2004, 08:21 AM
Don't forget to spread the wealth fellas. I've sent small donations to Senator Jimeno (although Democrat, he's very pro gun), Mooney, Haines and Jacobs. Others will get a donation as soon as possible.

Don't forget your local Delegates either.....

E36M3
June 19, 2004, 09:25 AM
Whoa! That's an honest to goodness real politician. I swore to never give another cent to any politician. May have to rethink that.

MikeK
June 19, 2004, 10:34 AM
Got the same E-mail. She was the star of the show at the Senate AWB hearing.

DorGunR
June 19, 2004, 11:03 AM
I live in Anne Arundel county............but I'm gonna send her a check anyway.

If you enjoyed reading about "Senator Nancy Jacobs MD" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!