Local gun store

PDA

4thHorseman
February 12, 2003, 07:50 PM
Just a note to tell you, my local gun store has had the best two weeks of business in years.
He completely sold out of 45 bullets and almost out of 223 cal. Has alot of stuff back ordered. He says people are coming in buying all kinds of ammo and guns. The people are worried about "Conditon Orange."
How have your local shops responded?

If you enjoyed reading about "Local gun store" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cheygriz
February 12, 2003, 07:55 PM
It sure is good news to find out that there are still a few Americans that look to self reliance for their protection.

It's a shame that so many sheeple cry and whine for government to give them "womb to tomb" security.

Stocking up on things that could save your life makes good sense, whether we're in a heightened state of alert or not.

10-Ring
February 12, 2003, 08:00 PM
My favorite shop has been slow. They're down to only one employee from 4. I haven't been in since we went to orange tho...I'll try to go before the end of the week.

hansolo
February 13, 2003, 01:32 AM
As I live less than a half mile from the San Andreas Fault, the folks around here are pretty jaded; Condition Orange, Agent Orange, " A Clockwork Orange": local panic nonexistant due to apathy. :what:

Justin
February 13, 2003, 02:08 AM
Condition Orange?!

References color wheel.

Nuts! I thought we were at Soylent Green!

We ran a story the other day about going to Condition Orange, and they interviewed a local gun dealer who said that business had been about average. Dunno who it was, though, of the two stores I know of, one is closed, and the other is recognizable from the huge selection and that I'd recognize the owner because he and I shoot at the same range.

Kahr carrier
February 13, 2003, 08:15 AM
Yep there running specials on Ammo ,Riot guns and Mres.

NewShooter78
February 13, 2003, 08:45 AM
I haven't been to any of my local gun shops, but I was in on of the local mil surp stores the other day, and they were having a run on gas masks and the 100 mph duct tape. They were also having problems keeping MRE's in stock too.

Leatherneck
February 13, 2003, 09:45 AM
Only thing I worry about is the converts who go out and buy a gun to feel better, then stash it and forget it. No training, no practtice, no assumption of responsibility. How likely are these folks to be the subject of the next "Oh No!" stories in your local newspaper?:(

TC
TFL Survivor

Fed168
February 13, 2003, 12:19 PM
Tuesday was Soylent Green Day, now it is Soylent Orange. Is it me or did someone in the govt. read Cooper?

cheygriz
February 13, 2003, 03:14 PM
Fed 168,

The gummint is already screwed up enough. Let's hope they don't start reading Cooper.

If you enjoyed reading about "Local gun store" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!