Anyone else having problems with "new posts/no new posts" icon?

PDA

stellarpod
June 20, 2004, 07:49 AM
For quite some time now I've had a problem with the "new posts" and "no new posts" icons. I can log on and go to any department and there will be a bazillion "new posts", thus indicating that the cookie is doing its thing, right?

It seems that if I open another Explorer window while logged on, all (or most) of the "new post" icons change to "no new posts" icons. This is really frustrating, as many threads have referenced hot links to other sights, photos, etc and if I click on one of them, I can count on not having any "new post" icons when I return.

Initially, I thought it had something to do with a popup blocker I use (Guard-IE). But, even if I totally disable it I continue to have these issues.

Anyone experience the same or have any clues?

stellarpod

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone else having problems with "new posts/no new posts" icon?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
June 20, 2004, 09:18 AM
Nope, I haven't seen that nor have we had any reports from other members. I use multiple windows all the time, so it should have shown up if it was a THR problem. I suspect it is a cookie problem. I suggest removing all THR cookies from your system not just the current one. Use your file find function and delete all cookies containing "thehighroad" in the file name. Often you will find several of them.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone else having problems with "new posts/no new posts" icon?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!