P89T grip change info?

PDA

No Trespassing
June 21, 2004, 05:34 PM
I've got large Cromag hands so my Rugers fit my big paws just fine. Heck, even my Desert Eagle feels fine.

Problem is, my wife likes to shoot the P89T but, SUPRISE!, she would like a slimmer grip. Since she shoots this gun WAY more than me, I want to change to slimmer grips if there are any out there.

I've checked the major manufacturers sites but I didn't see any mention of replacements that specifically give a slimmer grip.

Anyone have a suggestion?

If you enjoyed reading about "P89T grip change info?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
George S.
June 21, 2004, 08:06 PM
The grip frame is the determining factor with the P89. I have a set of Hogue rubber grips on mine ( actually a P89TH Davidson's special model) and the rubber portions of the grips are no wider than the grip frame. These grips do not completely wrap around the frame and the rear of the frame is exposed.

The thing I really like about the Hogue's are the finger grooves (which may even help her) and the fact that they don't get sticky in the hot weather. You might want to go to a local gun store that has some P89s with Hogue rubber grips to see if she can easily hold it.

She might want to look at an XD40 as an alternative.

If you enjoyed reading about "P89T grip change info?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!