Beretta Steel-I

PDA

nero45acp
June 21, 2004, 08:26 PM
Has anyone handled or shot the Beretta Steel-I? If you did what is your impression of it? Thanks.

nero

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta Steel-I" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nero45acp
June 23, 2004, 09:02 AM
Wow!

With all the collective firearms experience/wisdom on the THR no one has any info/opinions on the Beretta Steel-I?:eek:

nero

WhoKnowsWho
June 23, 2004, 06:26 PM
I doubt anyone even has one yet.

It's essentially a Beretta Millennium only without the super small number produced and the different finish.

Looks interesting though.

waktasz
June 23, 2004, 08:51 PM
Billenium had an alloy frame though, didnt it?

patentnonsense
June 23, 2004, 08:56 PM
No, the Billennium has a steel frame.

I fondled a Steel at the DACA show, and I like the grip on my Bill better - the Steel is very similar in most ways, but has the straight backstrap (a la Vortec), which I don't like as well as the normally curved 92-series grip.

Now if only they'd bring out a 9x23 version of the 92 - just stretch the mag well a little bit ...

nero45acp
June 23, 2004, 09:03 PM
Patentnonsense, did you get the opportunity to dry-fire the Steel-I? If you did, how was the trigger? I have the Vertec 92FS Inox and prefer the Vertec type grip myself.

nero

patentnonsense
June 23, 2004, 09:09 PM
Dry fire? No, 'twas only pulled out from under glass after some coaxing!

Skunkabilly
June 23, 2004, 09:19 PM
Are they on the market now? :cuss: my lousy legislature!!!

faustulus
June 24, 2004, 05:38 AM
Skunk you are either going to have to give up your dreams of cool (read: safety in the right bloody place) Berettas or move. :D

Skunkabilly
June 24, 2004, 04:55 PM
Maybe Houston. I hear there are a lot of Korean and Viet girls there :evil:

patentnonsense
June 24, 2004, 07:44 PM
Maybe Houston. I hear there are a lot of Korean and Viet girls there

Lots of bright Korean and Viet girls here too -
but Houston is one of the few places in the world with worse weather and prettier women than Dallas -
how much HOT can you handle??

faustulus
June 25, 2004, 03:57 AM
Houston: derived from an ancient Apache word meanding "hotter than the place the the white man fears"

Just kidding, I like Texas (since it is just a suburb of Tennessee :p )
Amazing how many of those kooky kids flock to our city to be country music stars. But hey, we need waiters too. :)

MoNsTeR
June 25, 2004, 03:36 PM
With an MSRP of $1730, I think it'll be a while before the first THR range report :p

Skunkabilly
June 25, 2004, 08:32 PM
Amazing how many of those kooky kids flock to our city to be country music stars.

How about gooky kids frocking to Nashville?

http://www.skunkabilly.com/images/usa.jpg

I look so tactical with my Royal Robbins pants and banjo!!!

Nightcrawler
June 25, 2004, 09:15 PM
Question. Are the Berettas with the frame mounted safeties single action only, or do they have the Taurus style safety where all the way down is decock (a bad idea, I think)?

Or, are they like a CZ-75B, double action, but you have to lower the hammer manually?

Longbow
June 25, 2004, 09:25 PM
Its like the Taurus except the comp model. I handled one ' bout 2 years ago at a manufacturer shoot (GAT GUNS). Its only for display though, no dry fire allowed.

patentnonsense
June 26, 2004, 12:19 AM
The Billennium is a straight single action.

faustulus
June 27, 2004, 06:49 PM
How about gooky kids frocking to Nashville?

If ya got a banjo, then ya'd fit right it. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta Steel-I" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!