cz52 recoil springs

PDA

Ohen Cepel
June 22, 2004, 04:02 PM
Does anyone know what the spring strength is from the factory?

Which is the best replacement for surplus ammo?
12.5?
14.5?
16.5?

Also, is there any gain to a new firing pin besides durability?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "cz52 recoil springs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kalos
June 22, 2004, 09:24 PM
Wolff's site lists standard strength as 14.5. A lot of folks recommend 16.5 to reduce recoil and some frame wear'n'tear. I can't personally comment--I've got a 16.5# spring for mine, but I've not had a chance to shoot with it yet due to a lack of ammo.

For the new firing pin, you might check out the Harrington Products (I believe) ones stocked by makarov.com. These are supposed to actually improve the trigger pull, making it basically the same as dry-firing without the slide attached. They also make the decocker useless--in fact, they may turn it into a second trigger, basically. So if you were for some reason planning on using a CZ-52 as a carry gun, it probably would not be a good idea.

If you enjoyed reading about "cz52 recoil springs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!