Out-of-State Visitor Purchasing Handgun in Oregon?

PDA

orygunmike
June 24, 2004, 12:41 AM
My brother is coming up to visit from California next month and wants to go gun shopping. Other than making sure he purchases a California-legal handgun, is there anything preventing him from legally purchasing while he is here?

thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Out-of-State Visitor Purchasing Handgun in Oregon?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
boofus
June 24, 2004, 12:43 AM
http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/FederalGunLaws.aspx?ID=63

Have fun digging in there. :D

Graystar
June 24, 2004, 01:07 AM
He can buy any California-legal handgun he wants...he just can't take possession of it. He will need to have the dealer send it to a dealer in California. There will likely be a shipping charge and a receiving charge, totalling as much as 50 bucks. Might be better to just buy what he wants in California.

Telperion
June 24, 2004, 03:41 AM
Last time I was there, I called up two shops in the Portland area and they said they wouldn't sell anything to Cali residents, even long guns.

schizrade
June 24, 2004, 04:12 AM
Can you blame them for not wanting to sell to Californians? Frau Feinstein might move to Oregon to "reform" the state gun laws.

If you enjoyed reading about "Out-of-State Visitor Purchasing Handgun in Oregon?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!