A question about my CZ-75

PDA

ojibweindian
February 13, 2003, 11:11 AM
Two weeks ago, I traded a Ruger P95 for a CZ-75B. I'm pretty sure it's one of those Turk overruns. How can I be sure it is a Turk overrun?

Also, I just found out last night that my CZ-75B has night sights. Are night sights standard on the Turk overruns?

If you enjoyed reading about "A question about my CZ-75" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnBT
February 13, 2003, 11:32 AM
Does it say 96 on the slide next to the ejection port? Does it have cheap cheesy plastic grips with a small thumbrest? Did it come with one 10-round and one 15-round mag? One cleaning rod? A brush? Some other stuff? Then it could be. Later on they sold some '99 guns as Military models - they're all the same FWIW.

And the '96 Military models do have glow-in-the-dark painted sights. Of what earthly use they are is beyond me. They can't soak up any light hiding in the holster or on the nightstand in the dark and won't glow if they aren't exposed to light. I painted mine with Bright Sights chartreuse paint and they're so much easier to see.

John

ojibweindian
February 13, 2003, 12:01 PM
It says "96 on the slide next to the extractor. It came with a cleaning rod and brush. It came with the "cheesy" plastic grips with thumb rests, but I happen to like them as they are very comfortable. The grips DO look cheesy, though :D.

Came with two ten round magazines. The dealer screwed me on that. Oh well.

So it is safe to say that I have a Turk over run CZ-75B. Cool.

Great gun. Points and shoots extremely well for me.

DDGator
February 13, 2003, 02:26 PM
If you have the 96 -- then it is safe to say you have one of the original 75B "Military" guns made for the Turkish contract. The dealer probably swapped your standard cap mag for a 10 rounder.

You can still get standard cap (15 rd) mags very reasonably. I have ordered 2 off of Gunbroker at paid $30 each. They are supposed to be "factory", which is a vague term, but hey have worked flawlessly.

You have a great gun. Mine has run like a champ through several IPSC matches without a hiccup on the cheapest 9mm stuff I can get. Its kind of fun to watch people cuss and fume over their $2000 race guns while my cheap CZ keeps on plugging.

Shmackey
February 13, 2003, 02:31 PM
That's the Mil version alright. But those aren't really night sights--just glow-in-the-dark paint. No tritium in there.

If you enjoyed reading about "A question about my CZ-75" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!