Pro-gun celebrities?

PDA

Mark Tyson
December 28, 2002, 10:14 PM
Besides the obvious one, how many pro-gun/pro bill-of-rights celebrities are there in the U.S.? Let "celebrity" include actors, actresses, news anchors, directors and screenwriters.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pro-gun celebrities?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
2dogs
December 28, 2002, 10:32 PM
Not sure how many there are, but they're all in line to replace Charlton Heston...................................;)

voilsb
December 28, 2002, 10:35 PM
I'm guessing "the obvious one" is charlton heston.

I'm not sure who else, but I've heard drew carey is pro-gun.

Maestro
December 28, 2002, 11:10 PM
The 2 guys who starred on the tv show "Simon and Simon" are both pro gun.

Schuey2002
December 28, 2002, 11:36 PM
Tom Selleck, but that's pretty obvious.

I heard someone say that Al Pacino was,but I can't confirm this.;)

2dogs
December 28, 2002, 11:49 PM
www.nrawinningteam.com/9911/malone.html (http://www.nrawinningteam.com/9911/malone.html)

www.proguncelebrities.com

Might want to remove the first celeb listed under that second url.:D

Some pretty interesting folks- "The Beaver" e.g.

Schuey2002
December 28, 2002, 11:57 PM
Bruce Willis !! I forgot all about him as a Pro-gun celebrity.;)

cheygriz
December 29, 2002, 12:05 AM
Alan Keyes or Roy Innis would be great.

But there is one "celebrity" is even better. One who says that she is "a second amendment absolutist."

And that one is: Dr. Condaleeza Rice. President Bush's national security advisor.

Zundfolge
December 29, 2002, 12:28 AM
I do have to question someone who includes Sara Michelle Geller as a pro gun man :p

sm
December 29, 2002, 12:39 AM
Kinda surprised at some on the list.

Is it me or does anyone else have a hard time seeing Ozzy Osbourne, hanging out with Hank Jr and Ted Nugent...?

Blackhawk
December 29, 2002, 01:41 AM
Charton Heston not only is a pro-gun celebrity, but his long career had established him as a credible person in his own right.

Credible celebrities are rare now, it seems.

agony
December 29, 2002, 01:44 AM
Mel Gibson made the list???? I thought he was an anti?

4570Rick
December 29, 2002, 02:53 AM
Producer Director Donald P. Bellisario
Ned Beatty-Actor
Josh Brolin-Actor
Former Washington Redskins All-Pro Dave Butz
Candace Cameron-Actress
Robert Carradine-Actor
Joanna Cassidy-Actress
Composer Carol Connors
Christian Conrad-Actor
Robert Conrad-Actor
Actor Musician Jesse D’Angelo
James Darren-Actor
Kim Delaney-Actress
Leslie Easterbrook-Actress
Erik Estrada-Actor
Screenwriter John Fasano

I can probably name 150 to 200. All are Pro Gun to some extent.
:)

UnknownSailor
December 29, 2002, 03:54 AM
Unfortunately, I don't see to much of most of this list anymore, except in reruns and old movies.

swingset
December 29, 2002, 11:22 AM
I'm always a little embarrassed when someone posts these lists. Yeah, there are couple of good guys on our side, but you gotta be honest here - most of the pro-gun celebs would have a hard time getting on Hollywood Squares.

Why is it that really talented actors are often anti's?? It seems the more creative you are (right-brained), the less common sense you seem to have. It's that way in music too. Some of my favorite musicians turn out to be lefties too.

It's quite a moral dilemna, unless you're happy watching Quigley Down Under and Omega Man over and over again.:(

Brian Maffei
December 29, 2002, 12:50 PM
I was flipping through the channels and stopped on a program about some music celebrities hanging out with our troops in Germany. Well, one scene they were showing off some infantry weapons to Kid Rock. He was digging the hardware, saying how cool everything was, jokingly commented on taking a deer out with the MG. Also said something to the affect of "I'm glad our guys are so well armed to do they're job."

YodaVader
December 29, 2002, 02:04 PM
Steven Segal and Ted Nugent come to mind.

Jim March
December 29, 2002, 09:48 PM
Charlie Daniels. FIRMLY on our side.

One of the few country acts I really dig.

Fed168
December 29, 2002, 10:17 PM
James Hetfield of Metallica.

Roadrunner
December 29, 2002, 10:55 PM
Here's a list from Hollywood Celebrity Shoot. (http://hollywoodcelebrityshoot.com/celebs.htm)
Pictures from a 2001 event. (http://hollywoodcelebrityshoot.com/pics.htm)

Tim Abell -- actor (Murder She Wrote, Soldier of Fortune)
Don Bellasario -- writer/producer/director (Jag, Magnum PI, Quantum Leap)
Jay Bernstein -- executive producer (Mike Hammer: Private Eye)
Kelly Bovino -- actor (Cool Crime, Flipper)
Ruth Buzzi -- actor (Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In, Sesame Street)
Stephen Cannell -- producer (The A Team, The Rockford Files)
Mark Carlton -- actor (Behind Enemy Lines, Navy Seals)
Robert Carradine -- actor/producer (Revenge of the Nerds I,II,II, Lycanthrope)
Lee Debroux -- actor (Most Wanted, Geronimo)
Johnny Di Santi -- actor, (NYPD Blue, Batteries Not Included)
Michael Dudikoff -- actor (American Ninja, Quicksand)
Leslie Easterbrook -- actor, (Police Academy, LaVerne and Shirley)
Richard Edlund -- multiple Academy Award winning special effects wizard (Raiders of
the Lost Ark, Star Trek)
Dennis Farina -- actor (Saving Private Ryan, Buddy Faro)
Lou Ferrigno -- body-builder, actor, (The Amazing Hulk, Pumping Iron, Stand Tall)
Dennis Franz -- actor, (NYPD Blue, American Buffalo)
Robert Fuller -- actor (Maverick, Wagon Train)
John Clark Gable -- actor (Clark Gable, Bid Jim)
Richard Gilliland -- actor (A Killing In a Small Town, Happy Hour)
Erin Gray -- actor, (Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, Silver Spoons)
Michael Gregory -- actor, (General Hospital, Robocop)
Vincent Guastaferro -- actor (Days of Our Lives, NYPD Blue)
Richard C. Hacker -- screenwriter (Dodge, Soapy), "The Ultimate Cigar Book," Guns
and Ammo
Tom Hallick -- actor (The Young and The Restless, My Favorite Martian)
Frasier Heston -- actor (The Last Man Club, Alaska)
Richard Hissong -- cinematographer (Mad About You, Down & Out In Beverly Hills)
Lee Horsley -- actor (Wind On Water, Hawkeye)
Steve Kanaly -- actor (Midnight Blue, Double Trouble)
Patrick Kilpatrick -- actor (Eraser, Death Warrant)
T.J. Klay -- musician, "Western Flyer" band
Martin Kove -- actor, (The Karate Kid, Wyatt Earp)
Ed LaPorta -- production design (The John Larroquette Show, Night Court)
John Laughlin -- actor, (The Rock, Storm Trooper)
John Phillip Law -- actor (Cold Heat, Alienator)
Thyme Lewis -- actor, (Days of Our Lives, 12 Bucks)
Anne Lockhart -- actor, (Battlestar Gallactica, Kung Fu)
Heather Lowe -- actor (American Hot Wax), producer (The Avenging Angel)
A.C. Lyles -- actor (The Hunt for Red October), producer (The Night of The
Lepus) writer (Flight to Holocaust)
Joe Mantegna -- Emmy and Tony award-winning actor, (Godfather 3, The Rat Pack)
Ron Masak -- actor, (Murder She Wrote, over 3000 commercials)
Jerry Mathers -- actor, (Leave It To Beaver)
John Milius -- director ("Conan the Barbarian," "The Rough Riders") and writer
("Apocalypse Now")
D.W. Moffitt -- actor (Stealing Beauty, Rough Magic)
Roger E. Mosley -- actor (A Thin Line Between Love and Hate, Magnum PI)
Charles Napier -- actor (Philadelphia, Silence of the Lambs)
Paul Pape -- actor, producer (Saturday Night Fever)
Jim Parish -- actor (Sunset Beach, Doogie Howser M.D.)
Roy "Dusty" Rogers, jr. -- musician, host (The Roy Rogers jr. Show)
Francine Sama -- musician, (Big Brother) actor (Air America)
Debralee Scott -- actor (American Graffiti, Pandemonium)
Peter Sherakyo -- actor (Tombstone, Buffalo Bill) armorer
Jim Starr -- athlete (LA Rams) actor (American Gladiator)
Robert Stack -- actor, (The Untouchables, Unsolved Mysteries)
Frank Stallone -- musician/actor (Hudson Hawk, Tombstone)
Chuck Stapel -- custom knife maker
John Strong -- actor (The Glimmer Man, The Executioner)
James Swan -- writer (ESPNOutdoors.com, National Review Online and nine books)
and actor ("Murder In The First," "Jack")
Marshall Teague -- actor, (Roadhouse, Armaggeddon)
Lindy Teague -- model
Gary Wood -- actor (Hardbodies, Cagney and Lacey)

DWS1117
December 30, 2002, 01:05 PM
Seeing the threads about Jerry Mathers (aka The Beaver) and Bernie Mack being pro-gun has gotten me wondering, which other celebs are pro-gun?

Someone, I believe it was 2dogs, mentioned a web site that listed celebs that were pro-gun. Could that person post a link to that site? Sorry I went back and looked at the beaver thread and 2dogs said the link is on another thread, but which one.

Roadrunner
December 30, 2002, 01:13 PM
There's already a celebrity shooter thread, it should answer your question:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=893

DWS1117
December 30, 2002, 02:10 PM
Thanks

HABU
December 30, 2002, 08:02 PM
The Nuge is definately pro gun. Does he qualify as a celeb? He does have his own hunting show on the Outdoor Channel:D

rbrowning
December 30, 2002, 11:15 PM
Ted qualifies as a celeb for another two years, then hopefully we will be referring to him as Govenor Nuge! Go Ted!:D

Skunkabilly
January 3, 2003, 01:10 AM
Oleg Volk!

doseyclwn
January 3, 2003, 02:02 AM
Hell yeah! Buffy is Pro-gun. I knew it. I wish I was a vampire so she would show up at my place.

twoblink
January 3, 2003, 02:36 AM
Gina Davis is also pro-gun I think; (at least she's definitely pro bow, she tried out for the olympics in archery) and she's pro hunting from what I can remember...

Bartholomew Roberts
January 3, 2003, 10:25 AM
Toby Keith - CMA Male Vocalist of the year and entertaining at a benefit for the NRA this April.

Kahr carrier
January 3, 2003, 10:36 AM
Nugents owns a huge farm.

Rob Pincus
January 3, 2003, 12:02 PM
In 2002, Irlene Mandrell will host her 7th Annual Celebrity Shooting event in Ft. Lauderdale. Several of the same guests as the Holloywood shoot listed above, but it is also open to the public.
She's also won the Buckmaster Classic Hunt twice in the past few years.

John Forsyth
January 3, 2003, 12:07 PM
Rob, you and your much lovelier better half need to come shoot with us again. We are still in Manchester. Hopefully new range will be open soon. We STILL have to put up with Mikey.

joeoim
January 3, 2003, 02:59 PM
Where's Clint Eastwood? I'd a thought he'd be in there somewhere.

KPersimmon
January 16, 2003, 11:11 PM
David Carradine, famous for "Kung Fu", affirms a definite pro-gun passion in a recent interview.

http://www.davidcarradine.org

Click Deja Vu's David Carradine fun page to read this interview and find out about more about this unique, very talented fellow.

T.Stahl
January 17, 2003, 07:33 AM
I once read an interview with Dina Meyer and she sounded rather pro-gun.

John Harrison
January 17, 2003, 02:04 PM
(Homer voice) Dina Meyer. Mmmmmmmm. ;)

Also heard that John C. McGinley (http://us.imdb.com/Name?McGinley,+John+C.) (Scrubs, Office Space, any Oliver Stone movie) is pro-gun and has quite a collection.

illuminatus99
January 17, 2003, 05:31 PM
milla jojovich is pro-gun from what I've heard.

KPersimmon
January 17, 2003, 10:56 PM
Re: David Carradine "Fun Page" & his pro-gun leaning

Once in Deja Vu's page, click "Enter main site" then "73 Personal questions." His attitude towards guns is after question 13 and his views on gun control after #14.

Also, lets not forget Eddie Van Halen, who is an avid gun collector.

DeltaElite
January 17, 2003, 10:59 PM
Jeri Ryan is by far my favorite pro gun celeb.
Yah, baby. :D

Rebeldon
January 18, 2003, 01:48 AM
I suppose we are taking it for granted that NASCAR drivers are generally pro-gun.

IrvJr
January 18, 2003, 07:15 AM
James Earl Jones is a gun afficianado. In fact, I once ran into him at a local gun store (NY state). I was leaving and he was entering. I was very surprised! I said hello and shook his hand.

I talked to the gun shop clerk later and he said that he is a pretty regular visitor. It was kinda weird running into a major celebrity at such a small shop (in a semi-rural part of the county).

IndianaDean
September 9, 2004, 02:28 PM
Churchill's comments are very interesting, when you consider those idiots in charge in England have banned their citizens from having guns.

Warren
September 9, 2004, 04:19 PM
Just because someone owns firearms does not mean they think you should.

Still though it is nice to know who the "possibles" are.

stealthmode
September 9, 2004, 04:34 PM
what about luke and owen wilson i saw a show that they were on and they were shooting at a shooting range in TX while being interviewed. they are from texat so i hope they are pro gun. but you never know.

CBX
September 9, 2004, 04:38 PM
vin diesel and that other kid from fast and the furious visit my local gun shop all the time. Even got autographed pics of him.

simmonsguns
September 9, 2004, 05:39 PM
luke and owen willson.saw an interview of the two from a cali. gunshop,first part was Q & A second was target practice.

GTKrockeTT
September 9, 2004, 07:24 PM
isn't Val Kilmer pro gun?

ken w.
September 9, 2004, 09:07 PM
Isn't Rosie Odonnell packin' a pistol now.Does that make her pro now or just a hypocrite and a lier.I don't get it.:banghead:

jefnvk
September 9, 2004, 09:14 PM
Govenor Nugent has a nice ring to it :D I wonder if he'll get the NRA backing??

I seem to remember hearing that soe of the Aerosmith (or maybe Metallica?) guys are pro gun. I also heard that VP Cheney has a nice selection of NFA goodies.

Zebulon
September 9, 2004, 10:21 PM
One of my favorites, a fine actor, Paul Sorvino...Miras' Dad. Zebulon

RRTX
September 9, 2004, 10:33 PM
The Swedish Bikini Team is on the list :evil:

Rupestris
September 10, 2004, 10:54 AM
John Larroquette is into varmint shooting, reloading and long range shooting.

When asked by the Detroit News whether Hollywood finds his pastime unusual:
"Not the people I shoot with. They don't think it's strange," Larroquette said. He said hunting and boating were the norm when he was growing up in Louisiana.

Treylis
September 10, 2004, 12:53 PM
All of these people can be considered pro-gun. (http://www.theadvocates.org/celebrities.html)

Flyboy
September 10, 2004, 03:48 PM
Seems to me I've heard that Catherine Bell (Lt. Col. Mackenzie, JAG) is an avid shooter as well.

NIGHTWATCH
September 11, 2004, 12:47 PM
Robert Duvall is pro-gun and fiercely Libertarian. ;)

StratoChick62
September 17, 2006, 07:49 PM
Eva Longoria from Desperate Housewives was on the Oprah Winfrey show (who is against guns by the way) and stated that she regularly still goes shooting, and she grew up hunting with her dad in Texas.

TimboKhan
September 17, 2006, 10:32 PM
Jesse James of West Coast Choppers is pro-gun, as are the guys at Orange County Choppers, or at least apparently are.

During one episode of Monster Garage, Jesse showed off a pistol given to him by the president of S&W. Plus, the sheer number of times they showed him shooting stuff and the fact that he said "I like guns" leads me to believe that he is pro-gun

The OCC guys were shown shooting trap at a range during one episode. I guess that doesn't necessarily make them "Pro-gun", but I should think it is a good sign.

Kid Rock is pro-gun. For the younger guys, the metal band "Avenged Sevenfold" are all registered Republicans. Rolling the dice, I would guess that all or at least some of those guys would be pro-gun.

coyote_jr
September 18, 2006, 04:38 AM
BTT for a great thread. Very positive.

m1aman
September 18, 2006, 08:18 AM
elvis was pro gun. he is still alive, right? :o

m1aman
September 18, 2006, 08:20 AM
howard stern carries a seecamp. not sure if he is pro gun though....

Cromlech
September 18, 2006, 10:38 AM
I visted that Libertarian site, and it does indeed appear that Terry Pratchett is against gun control. http://www.theadvocates.org/celebrities/terry-pratchett.html

FROM A BOOK OF HIS:
"Confiscate all weapons, and crime would go down. It made sense. The flaw though...was this: criminals don't obey the law. It's more or less a requirement for the job. They had no particular interest in making the streets safer for anyone except themselves." -- Night Watch (2002)

Mike128
September 18, 2006, 02:35 PM
Not a major celeberty but cute is the women from Blade:the series. I saw an interview where she was talking about getting a Kimber Raptor for Christmas. Sorry but I can't remember her name.

648E
September 18, 2006, 06:00 PM
For the younger guys, the metal band "Avenged Sevenfold" are all registered Republicans.

:barf: Which means nothing

When will people start understanding that being a Republican doesn't make you pro-gun and being a Democrat doesn't make you anti-gun???

Correia
September 18, 2006, 06:12 PM
Yeah, but at 90%/10% it is a pretty decent generalization. :rolleyes:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1489978/ And she carries a Kimber? Cool. :)

Prince Yamato
September 18, 2006, 06:13 PM
When will people start understanding that being a Republican doesn't make you pro-gun and being a Democrat doesn't make you anti-gun???

...when the majority of democrats quit trying to ban guns and the majority of Republicans start...

CAPTAIN MIKE
September 18, 2006, 06:45 PM
All of the celebrities that attend the Annual Celebrity Shoot @ Desert something-or-other Country Club in Las Vegas every spring. They are shooting skeet in a match that raises money to send kids to shooting camp.

Stauble
September 18, 2006, 06:53 PM
i think that 648E has a point. for example my grandmother is a democrat and very pro-gun. but then again she hasnt actually voted for a d-rat since Kenedy, unless you count George Wallace even though he ran as an independent:rolleyes:
you cant deny that one party is led by some people who would like nothin better then to disarm us all, while the other at the very least say they believe we have the right to bare arms

as for pro-gun celebs i cant think of any who havent already been mentioned. i know John Wayne was very pro. i guess he can have his place beside Elvis and pro-gunners who are no longer with us.

Panthera Tigris
September 18, 2006, 07:57 PM
The link to the pro gun celebrities did not work for me.

Also, the David Carradine site had nothing at all for me to enter other than a link to send an email.

Not on the list, but Keith Richards has always been pro-gun too. He's always had guns and shot them, and from what I've read in biographies, knew about the different calibers and types too, despite being in a fog.

Hazzard
September 18, 2006, 08:36 PM
Motor city madman as governor! sweeeeeet! I bet he'll put a "stranglehold" on the opposition. And he's definately pro gun.

Panthera Tigris
September 18, 2006, 09:00 PM
There are several people on that "friends of Libertarianism" webpage (David Letterman for example) who are anti-gun.

rangerruck
September 18, 2006, 09:50 PM
bo derek, a couple of soap stars , actually. I think Denzel. Gary Sinise, a few others.

TimboKhan
September 19, 2006, 01:42 PM
648e,
You know what, your right. Not every Republican is pro-gun and not every democrat is anti-gun. Two points in response to that. First, I intimated that I was rolling the dice and assuming that at least a couple were pro-gun, and thus acknowledging that it is possible that some of them are not. Second, I think at this point it is factual to say that generally Republicans are more pro-gun as a group than Democrats. The keyword there is "generally" as opposed to "specifically". I was talking in generalities. Sorry if that got your dander up, but thats the context that was written in.

cbsbyte
September 19, 2006, 02:57 PM
I said it once I will say it again. People have to realize that celebrities who own guns does not make them pro 2nd Ad. For instance, Shawn Penn, Charlie Sheen, and Steven Spielberg own guns, either for sport or for protection. But they do not support your right to own a firearm. In their minds, the great unwashed masses do not have the right or need to own a firearm. Their are some celebs that do support all of our rights, most do not.

bulltaco
September 19, 2006, 07:05 PM
Talk show host Don Imus packs on his radio show and MSNBC. A Glock 40 I believe. Pretty good for NYC.

Group9
September 19, 2006, 07:45 PM

Gerald McRaney, from Collins, Mississipi played Rick Simon, and is quite an active shooter and hunter. I can't remember the name of the guy who played the other brother, A.J.

NineseveN
September 20, 2006, 12:17 AM
Two Words: Bruce Willis. (http://www.usaweekend.com/00_issues/000213/000213willis.html)

Issue date: Feb 13, 2000

In this article:
Willis' first foray into film was Die Hard
He claims to have no regrets
He expresses outrage at lobbyists and corruption

Being Bruce Willis
Means being honest. Outspoken. Bigger than life. Old habits die hard, it seems.

By Mary Roach

We're not here to see a movie. We're here because Willis owns this small-town Idaho theater and thought it would be a quiet, private place to talk about his new movie opening this week, The Whole Nine Yards. (Willis is big on privacy; he requests that the name of his town not be printed.)

Willis is one of those men whose Hollywood presence -- action hero, superstar, celebrity husband -- was so large and so ubiquitous for so long that it's hard to think of him as anything else. By the time the third Die Hard rolled around, people started to forget that Willis could play other types of roles. They forgot that he has played a traumatized Vietnam vet (In Country), an unpleasant construction boss (Nobody's Fool) and a lowlife boxer (Pulp Fiction). They forgot he made his name in comedy on TV's Moonlighting. While last year's The Sixth Sense went a long way toward re-establishing Willis as a diverse talent, people forget. I expected him to pull up in a Hummer, smoking a cigar.

Hardly. Willis is quiet and engaging; his manner puts one immediately at ease. "Big stars can be kind of intimidating and make other actors nervous, but Bruce does the opposite," says Jonathan Lynn, director of The Whole Nine Yards. "He tries to make all of them feel relaxed."

These days, Willis portrays himself as a die-hard stay-at-home. He quit drinking in 1987. He no longer throws loud parties or even attends them. It would appear he's becoming the man his father was: a family man in a working-class town.

Willis was reared in Carneys Point, N.J., the son of a shipyard mechanic. After high school and a quick succession of jobs, he enrolled in Montclair (N.J.) State College's drama program. In 1977, after he'd taken all the acting classes they had, he dropped out and moved to New York, where he worked in theater. Seven years later, a part in an off-Broadway production paved the way for a movie audition in Los Angeles. He didn't get that part, but while there, he auditioned for the role of a wise-guy private eye, beating out some 3,000 other hopefuls for the part that would put him on the map, Moonlighting's David Addison.

Willis' first foray into film was Die Hard (1988), the phenomenal success of which ensured a seamless transition from TV star to movie star. Willis makes no apologies for his frequent turns in mindless, violent action pics. Those movies, he says, afford him the opportunity to "work on [low-budget] films I have a passion for," such as his new movie.

And while he isn't ready to forsake action movies, Willis does believe in taking stock of one's life choices on a daily basis. "I've lost a couple of friends in freak accidents," he explains. "It makes you realize how fragile life is, how quickly it can be taken away. I think about my death at least once a day. I say to myself, 'Am I living my life? Am I enjoying my life today?' Because this is not a rehearsal. This is it."

This is about as personal as Willis is willing to get. He doesn't talk to reporters about his private life, and you really can't blame him. The tabloids dragged his marriage to Demi Moore through the muck for 10 years. Twice, the couple sued. (Though they won the suits, they separated shortly thereafter, in June 1998.) Willis is extraordinarily protective of their daughters, Rumer, 11, Scout, 8, and Tallulah, 6. "His priority is his daughters," says his former agent and longtime friend and producing partner Arnold Rifkin. "He's never available for films during the summers, because he wants to spend the time with his kids."

"He's generous to a fault," says Willis' younger brother, David, a Whole Nine Yards producer. "When we were shooting, Bruce would go to a great French restaurant and buy it out. He'd have them come out 20 miles to where we were shooting and cook all day, whatever we wanted. On his dime."

At 44, Bruce Willis appears to be a man at peace. He claims to have no regrets. "I don't play the regret game. Because how do you know the thing you're regretting isn't the thing that led you to something great?" He fears nothing. He sleeps well. He doesn't worry about aging. "I'm still about 24 at heart. And that's really where your age lives." Willis has even made peace with his retreating hairline. He shrugs. "You just gotta dig yourself."

While middle age has mellowed Willis, the man's no softie. He's outspoken. He's politically incorrect. He says he'd steer kids away from college unless they're "going to be a doctor or a lawyer," and he's never considered finishing his B.A. "It's just a trophy. I have some bowling trophies I think would be worth about the same thing." He owns a gun and holds fast to his constitutional right to do so:

"Everyone has a right to bear arms. If you take guns away from legal gun owners, then the only people who have guns are the bad guys." Even a pacifist, he insists, would get violent if someone were trying to kill her. "You would fight for your life. You'd use a rock or tear one of these chairs out of the floor." I tell him he's seen too many Bruce Willis movies.

That was not the thing to say. Willis disagrees with the notion that onscreen violence influences people's behavior, and he resents remarks to that effect made by government entities after the Columbine High shootings. "It's insulting to movie audiences. Anyone who goes to the movies knows that when you see someone killed on the screen, that actor gets up and dusts himself off after the take is over. In my heart, as a father, I think what causes violence -- violent children and violent young adults and violent adults -- is not having a good childhood, not having a father in the house, learning to become a sociopath instead of a good human being. It's as simple as that."

It's rare that the government says or does something Willis agrees with. He expresses outrage at lobbyists and corruption. "Special-interest groups show up in Washington with lots and lots and lots of money, and when they leave, they don't have the money with them anymore. You can talk about campaign reform, but that's all just the little tiny tip of the bull that goes on down there." When I ask whom he'd like to see as president, he says, "You," then explains: "I'd rather have somebody that didn't know anything about it than someone who's made a career out of lying and cheating and swindling people." He waves the topic away. "Don't get me started on politics."

Willis looks at his watch, a fine watch that tells the time in several parts of the globe, including Idaho, where it's time for this actor to go home. He smiles. "You're cutting into my gift-wrapping time." [It's two days before Christmas.] He shakes my hand and walks down the aisle toward the big silver screen, humming a tune.

Go to the top
Freelance writer Mary Roach last profiled actor Rob Lowe for the magazine.

PHOTO CREDIT: Robert Sebree for USA WEEKEND

Cromlech
September 20, 2006, 01:52 PM
Bruce is a pretty cool guy. :)

Bobhwry
September 20, 2006, 07:54 PM
I'm pretty sure John Wayne was pro gun.:neener: :neener:

mustanger98
September 20, 2006, 09:34 PM

Gerald McRaney, from Collins, Mississipi played Rick Simon, and is quite an active shooter and hunter. I can't remember the name of the guy who played the other brother, A.J.

Jameson Parker was A.J. Simon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081930/

frankcostanza
October 24, 2007, 05:22 PM
lets see if we can revive this thread a 3rd time! :D
i cant believe nobody mentioned r. lee ermey!

PAPACHUCK
October 24, 2007, 06:45 PM
Michael Savage,radio talk host of "The Savage Nation" is very pro-gun. A few evenings ago, he was complaining about a sore hand from shooting his Airweight .357. He thought it hurt due to his age, hehehe. Not many people enjoy shooting a 12oz. .357!

Gunnerpalace
October 24, 2007, 08:30 PM
John Stossel, he did the 20/20 segment on why gun control does not work.

Neo-Luddite
October 24, 2007, 08:38 PM
James Earl Jones

andrewdl007
October 24, 2007, 08:38 PM
I read that John Fogerty of Creedance Clearwater Revival was progun. And that the song Run Through the Jungle was about hot the illegal gun trade was harmful to the public.

fiVe
October 24, 2007, 09:00 PM
I heard somewhere that Hugh Laurie (from "House") is an avid shooter. I don't know if it is true since he is from England and his current main residence is in London.

fearless leader
October 24, 2007, 09:02 PM
The Nuge is definately pro gun. Does he qualify as a celeb?

Prior to being an avid hunter in the public eye, Ted Nugent was a rock and roll star!

bigghoss
October 24, 2007, 09:04 PM
I know that Terry "the hulk" Hogan owns guns and he and his son Nick enjoy shooting. I've also see Gretchen Wilson shooting on a TV special and saying she liked to shoot.

fearless leader
October 24, 2007, 09:14 PM
Where's Clint Eastwood? I'd a thought he'd be in there somewhere.

Unfortunately, from all I've read about Clint Eastwood, he made his living glorifying gun violence and solving problems with guns, and owns an extensive collection, he supports gun control.:barf:

The radio talk show personality "The Greaseman" supports gun ownership, and G. Gordon Liddy.

Neo-Luddite
October 24, 2007, 10:13 PM
Bernie Mac also (although he was photo-opd with sly stalone and the pic iS on the Brady Bunch site !@#$?????). Bernie is a gun nut.

BShooter
October 24, 2007, 10:30 PM
Don't forget Hank Williams Jr. I met him at the Louisville Gun Show several years ago and he was looking at a couple of single action Colts.

6_gunner
October 24, 2007, 10:33 PM
I know it's stupid to equate actors' personal convictions with their screen persona, but I've wondered whether Sam Elliot and Don Johnson might be pro-gun.

mp510
October 24, 2007, 10:56 PM
Bill Hemmer- Fox News Channel Anchor
E.D. Hill- Fox News Channel Anchor
Sean Hannity- Fox News Channel Anchor
Ann Coulter- Conservative author and public speaker
Bernie Mac- Comedian

cbsbyte
October 24, 2007, 11:11 PM
Bill Hemmer- Fox News Channel Anchor
E.D. Hill- Fox News Channel Anchor
Sean Hannity- Fox News Channel Anchor
Ann Coulter- Conservative author and public speaker
Bernie Mac- Comedian

The only persons in your list that I know are pro RKBA are Sean Hannity & Ann Coulter. The rest I have not heard they where one way or the other. Maybe you can share where you got this information? Berine Mac is a hypocrite who owns guns but supports gun control. Most celebrities practice hypocrisy as a religion, they can live in a huge mansion, own guns, drive gas guzzling expensive cars, and aircraft but to the masses they preach that we must conserve our resources, and support gun control... Pathetic.

Leanwolf
October 25, 2007, 01:50 AM
CBSBYTE - "Most celebrities practice hypocrisy as a religion, they can live in a huge mansion, own guns, drive gas guzzling expensive cars, and aircraft but to the masses they preach that we must conserve our resources, and support gun control... Pathetic."

CBSBYTE is 100% correct. He knows whereof he speaks!

L.W.

Autolycus
October 25, 2007, 03:05 AM
Please let this thread die!!!

Seriously though can anyone define pro-gun? CCW? AWB? Machine guns? What makes one more progun than another?

Bartholomew Roberts
October 25, 2007, 11:39 AM
Berine Mac is a hypocrite who owns guns but supports gun control.

What is your source for that? I know Bernie Mac is a big gun collector and in his comedy routines seems strongly pro-RKBA. Did I miss something?

Neo-Luddite
October 25, 2007, 11:53 AM
As said, on the Brady front page there is a photo of him--
http://www.bradycampaign.org/
Scroll down a bit--I don't get it??!!! I've heard Bernie talk of his gun lust on talk shows.

Bostekrisco
October 25, 2007, 11:56 AM
I didn't read the whole thread so he may have been mentioned but I've seen a couple of hunting shows hosted by Gerald McRaney, one of which featured him bird hunting with fellow Deadwood actor Powers Boothe. FWIW I think it was sponsored by Benelli or Beretta.

mp510
October 25, 2007, 12:26 PM
The only persons in your list that I know are pro RKBA are Sean Hannity & Ann Coulter. The rest I have not heard they where one way or the other. Maybe you can share where you got this information? Berine Mac is a hypocrite who owns guns but supports gun control. Most celebrities practice hypocrisy as a religion, they can live in a huge mansion, own guns, drive gas guzzling expensive cars, and aircraft but to the masses they preach that we must conserve our resources, and support gun control... Pathetic.

E D Hill has made several pro gun comments, and even spoke out against air Canada for increasing their handling fees on transporting firearms. She has also mentioned on air that she enjoys shooting, and that she has involved her kids in the sport as well.

Bill Hemmer mentioned claims to support the OR teacher who is fighting for CCW in schools, and he claims to have a CCW permit himself, and that he believes in carrying a gun for self defense.

mp510
October 25, 2007, 12:30 PM
Aside from his presence in that one photo I could find nothing else to suggest that Bernie Mac supports gun control.

In fact, there is no mention of his name on the Brady Campaign Gala page.
http://www.bradycenter.org/donate/events/

cbsbyte
October 25, 2007, 02:09 PM
Aside from his presence in that one photo I could find nothing else to suggest that Bernie Mac supports gun control.

In fact, there is no mention of his name on the Brady Campaign Gala page.

Here you go.

http://www.bradycenter.org/donate/events/2006/losangeles/

It states he was at the event among other know anti gun celebrities. If it walks like a duck, quacks like at duck then it must be a duck. Get over it he is a hypocrite.

E D Hill has made several pro gun comments, and even spoke out against air Canada for increasing their handling fees on transporting firearms. She has also mentioned on air that she enjoys shooting, and that she has involved her kids in the sport as well.

Bill Hemmer mentioned claims to support the OR teacher who is fighting for CCW in schools, and he claims to have a CCW permit himself, and that he believes in carrying a gun for self defense.

I don't watch Fox News, nor can I find anything on the net that supports your claim that they are pro-gun. They might have stated this in air, but who knows. I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

mp510
October 25, 2007, 03:37 PM
Don't you know- Bernie Mac isn't all he made him self out to be, or at least what we interpreted his behaviors to be. Good look- I missed that page.

Both Hemmer and Hill have made the comments on air- Hill on a few occasions. They very well could be smoking from the same pipe as Bernie, but they haven't done anything overt enough to make one believe that is the case. Only time will tell where they really stand. I really don't think a Brady supporter would support guns in schools, but I've been wrong before.

Phil DeGraves
October 25, 2007, 04:31 PM
I've heard that Patricia Heaton is pro-gun but don't have any source. Kurt Russell is a shooter. Ron Perlman is pro-gun. William Shatner is a bowhunting enthusiast. That USUALLY translates to being pro-gun. You have to remember though, that just because they like guns doesn't mean they support the rest of us having guns. Just look at Steven Speilberg. A bunch of elitists.

Phil DeGraves
October 25, 2007, 04:34 PM
Patrick Duffy. Jeff Fahey.

ReadyontheRight
October 25, 2007, 06:33 PM
Jill Wagner (http://www.myspace.com/jillwagner) :)

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2005/12/07/163034.2-lg.jpg

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/gallery/stills3/qdig-files/converted-images/jill-wagner-blade-promos/med_jill-wagner-blade-promos6.jpg

From her MySpace page:Jill Wagner's Interests
General The unconscious mind, dreams and what they mean. I collect guns and enjoy going to the shooting range to target practice or shoot skeet.

The "Mercury Girl" and Star of "Blade The Series". Rumors are she might be the new Wonder Woman.:):):)

akodo
October 25, 2007, 07:15 PM
I heard somewhere that Hugh Laurie (from "House") is an avid shooter

He did an interview with Jay Leno 1-2 months ago. He talked about 'when you are in some exotic country, you do what you can only do in that country, so I took my kids to a gun range' he was kind of giving the impression that it was bizzare to do so, it shouldn't be allowed, but while it was, hey, he was going to take advantage of it while living with us heathens before returning to 'true civilization' in the UK

but who knows, maybe he got the bug and converted

Bartholomew Roberts
October 25, 2007, 09:16 PM
I've heard that Patricia Heaton is pro-gun but don't have any source.

Patricia Heaton is definitely not pro-gun. She signed a VPC ad calling for an even stricter ban (http://www.vpc.org/press/0407rollcall.htm) than the California ban to be applied nationwide.

For that matter, John Fogerty is not pro-gun either (http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=2997). He is more Fudd-ish.

This is often believed to be about the Vietnam War, as it referred to a "jungle" and was released in 1970. The fact that previous CCR songs such as "Who'll Stop the Rain?" and "Fortunate Son" were protests of the Vietnam War added to this theory. In response, John Fogerty said: "I think a lot of people thought that because of the times, but I was talking about America and the proliferation of guns, registered and otherwise. I'm a hunter and I'm not antigun, but I just thought that people were so gun-happy -- and there were so many guns uncontrolled that it really was dangerous, and it's even worse now. It's interesting that it has taken 20-odd years to get a movement on that position."

I always enjoyed Bernie Mac's routine and he shows a lot of common sense in it normally. Disappointed to hear he is hanging out at Brady fundraisers (course I've gone to Million Mom March meetings myself... doesn't necessarily mean I support their agenda).

If you enjoyed reading about "Pro-gun celebrities?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!