Anyone in Socal wanna shoot?

PDA

Black Majik
June 30, 2004, 06:28 AM
Well....

Theres Norcal shoots, those are too far...

Theres Central Cali shoots but those are also too far.

So I'm thinking lets get the Socal people together for a fun day at the range. The weather lately has been beautiful, we should take full advantage of it!

I'm thinking going to the Angeles Range, Since they have a nice rifle range that we can shoot at. Silhouette targets up to 700 yards is fun. Plus, I still haven't met any THR members, and I think it'd be a good opportunity to start meeting the familiar names that post on this site.

So, lets get together to shoot sometime in the near future, before summer vacation is over! :D

So who's up to shoot at Angeles Range? OC, LA, and SD unite! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone in Socal wanna shoot?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sawdust
June 30, 2004, 12:13 PM
I'd be up for this, but my wife and I have a baby due in two weeks; thus, I'm up to my elbows finishing-up building furniture and house remodeling.

When things settle-down (ha) in a couple of months, I'd like to get together. Now, I'm not a rifle man, but I would like to be - give me an intro and I would buy the ammo...

Sawdust

45R
June 30, 2004, 09:47 PM
Skunk, Duke, Average Guy and I are planning to do some shooting around Ridgecrest at the end of July. Your welcome to come out and kill some plates with us.

Duke of Lawnchair
June 30, 2004, 10:56 PM
Come on out to Ridgecrest. Like 45R mentioned, we'll be hammering some steel plates.

Black Majik
June 30, 2004, 11:07 PM
Cool!

I've been meaning to go out to Ridgecrest to visit some friends. I used to go shoot at the deserted spot right at the entrance into Ridgecrest. That was fun times.

I'm definitely interested. Keep me updated. :)

Steel plates as in competition or just informal shooting?

Duke of Lawnchair
June 30, 2004, 11:29 PM
Steel plates as in competition or just informal shooting?

Steel plates as in a bunch of THR homies gettin' together and having some FUN!

But, you're gonna need a tie, just to make it formal. ;)

Skunkabilly
July 1, 2004, 11:52 AM
I've been meaning to go out to Ridgecrest to visit some friends.

We can roll up together!

My mom invited herself over so I'll be playing host from tomorrow 7/2 to 7/11. I have a two day class on the 16 and 17, so I'm pretty much out until the weekend after that.

PS Blackmajik, by the way, do you happen to own a .308 and a silver Honda?

Average Guy
July 1, 2004, 01:19 PM
We can roll up together!

You got room for a big white boy, too? :D

Andrew Wyatt
July 1, 2004, 02:24 PM
that'd be hardcore, yo

45R
July 1, 2004, 02:47 PM
Just remember this warning:

If your afraid of the camera lens watch out for Skunk and I :)

SoCal here we come!!!! Whicka!!!!

Black Majik
July 1, 2004, 04:07 PM
45R,

Cool, I'll bring my camera too! Thats just so you two can show me how to use it! :o

Skunk,

I have a .308 but no silver honda. :evil:

Skunkabilly
July 1, 2004, 04:24 PM
If you're Asian and you ain't got a silver Honda AND a .308, you're not cool enough to join our club :evil:

We'll teach you how to scratch the air-turntables :D

Black Majik
July 1, 2004, 04:38 PM
Actually now I think about it, outside on the driveway is a Silver Honda Civic. (uncle's)

and I got the .308 covered. :p

I'll be sure to bring out my tactical grey SUV offroader to tackle the steep terrains of the desert city. :D

Duke of Lawnchair
July 1, 2004, 05:01 PM
...to tackle the steep terrains of the desert city.

The only steep terrains around these parts are all the dive bars.

Take your pick from the plethora of toothless amazonian women.

45R
July 1, 2004, 05:22 PM
Pictures from the last shoot! HS/LC shoot!

http://www.hkactionfilms.com/images/wombat_hater.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/image/30160660.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/image/30070730.jpg

All taken from these bad boys.

http://www.pbase.com/image/29947954.jpg

We will make sure you know how to use your camera before the end of the day. :) Oh and be ready to become part 1/16th Bovine!

Andrew Wyatt
July 2, 2004, 02:05 AM
yo yo check check it. bakersfield has a korean bbq place.

Beetle Bailey
July 13, 2004, 09:38 PM
I was at Angeles Range this past weekend and it was pretty cool. Well, actually it was really hot, but I enjoyed shooting there ;) . I have no idea where Ridgecrest is but if any of you guys are going to Angeles on a weekend and want to meet up just PM me and I'll see if I can make it.

BTW, I'm Asian and I own a (vogue) silver (metallic) Honda, but I don't have a .308, but I just placed an order with the CMP for an M1 Garand so I will have the .308's Daddy :neener: . (Sorry Skunk, but I decided to buy the M1 instead of the FR-8 - maybe someday. . .).

Skunkabilly
July 13, 2004, 10:21 PM
I got the FR-8. Sighting in this Fri 8am.

Beetle Bailey
July 13, 2004, 10:29 PM
Oh! You got the FR-8? Pictures available yet? Or does she have to put on makeup (boiled linseed oil/tung oil/whatever) first? :D

BamBam-31
July 14, 2004, 03:22 AM
Funny. I got a P7M8. :D

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=1116790

Mute
July 14, 2004, 02:15 PM
If you can pull off a Saturday get together, I'll try to make it.

45R
July 14, 2004, 03:21 PM
Just save room for the beef!

Andrew Wyatt
July 14, 2004, 03:23 PM
should i bring some steel?

Black Majik
July 14, 2004, 04:47 PM
So... what're we gonna do about the shoot? Still on for Ridgecrest?

Anyone down to get together for a "pre ridgecrest" shoot at Angeles Range also? :D

I'll show you my bad shooting skills :)

Skunk,

Shoot at 8am!? LOL... wow... I thought fridays were for sleeping in. :o

Kevlarman
July 14, 2004, 05:27 PM
If it's on the weekend, I'm there!

Ya'll can try the SU-16 I'm getting.

Beetle Bailey
July 14, 2004, 09:36 PM
Anyone down to get together for a "pre ridgecrest" shoot at Angeles Range also?

Okay. Just let me know what day and I will be there (as long as it's a weekend ;) ).

Kevlarman SU-16, eh? Are you gonna put optics on it? Those stock sights don't look too hot, but it's a cool little rifle and very light. Congrats!

Kevlarman
July 14, 2004, 10:34 PM
I've thought about putting some optics on it, but nothing fancy yet; can't afford it. Maybe see if I can scrounge up one of my old scopes or red dots.

Black Majik
July 15, 2004, 08:24 AM
Hmm.... well, I know I sure as hell wont be able to wake up and be at Angeles Range at 8am. That's WAY impossible. :o

Skunk and Beetle and everyone else...

maybe this saturday around noonish? :D

BamBam-31
July 15, 2004, 01:06 PM
If you make it Sunday, I'll go to the Angeles outing. I gotta work this Saturday. :(

Black Majik
July 15, 2004, 04:53 PM
Sunday will work still work for me.

Hmm... anyone else up for Sunday @ noon? :)

Kevlarman
July 15, 2004, 04:58 PM
I think I can make it Sunday morning. I've got errands to run on Saturday anyways. :)

Black Majik
July 15, 2004, 05:02 PM
anyone know if ammobros in socal allows us to pick up ammo from them? I know they're an online dealer, I'm wondering if I can just stop by and pick up some surplus .308.

Anybody know?

What time does everyone wanna meet sunday at Angeles Range? Not too early please since I'm all the way from south OC. :o

Skunkabilly
July 15, 2004, 09:59 PM
I'll be up in Angeles Range on both Saturday and Sunday.

Look for the silver Honda Crisis Response Vehicle.

Black Majik
July 16, 2004, 12:11 AM
Sound good?

Btw, what will everyone be bringing?

I'll bring along a M1a, Kimber Series I, Colt Government, S&W .357 and a P226

skunk,
I got your voicemail, check your pm. :)

BamBam-31
July 16, 2004, 02:07 AM
Sunday at noon sounds good, thanks. Much obliged. ;)

Me and Beetle will be coming. See y'all there, eh? :)

Average Guy
July 16, 2004, 02:18 AM
Not to make things more confusing, but I'll be at San Gabriel Valley Range on Saturday morning around 10-ish, after breakfast at Farmer Boys down the road in Irwindale. If anybody wants to meet up for that, just say the word. Look for the big white guy in the blue Homsar T-shirt.

And maybe someday Skunky will invite me to Angeles. :)

Black Majik
July 16, 2004, 05:47 AM
Average,

If your not busy on sunday then I'll invite you to shoot with us.

I'd figure us socal'ers would be shooting together a lot. Well.... maybe you guys do and I'm just the new guy :o

Anyways... see you all sunday. :)

Skunk, lemme know if you can shoot with us sunday also. I know you're gonna shoot Friday morning but try and meet us sunday for some shooting also. It'd be great to see your tactical gear ;)

Kevlarman
July 16, 2004, 05:50 AM
Didn't he already say he'd be there both Saturday and Sunday?

Black Majik
July 16, 2004, 05:53 AM
LOL, oops, I read over that part. Cool. :)

simon
July 16, 2004, 06:07 PM
Any one else going to the 1919 shoot at Lytle Creek Sat. the 17th?

Skunkabilly
July 16, 2004, 09:26 PM
It'd be great to see your tactical gear

:o

I'm wearing a Hawaiian shirt over my Beretta.

When I'm feeling highly tactical, I carry an extra mag, and now that my FR8 is sighted in, I'll carry that and 2 clips :o

Yeah, I travel light :uhoh:

Average Guy
July 17, 2004, 11:13 AM
Uh...never mind. :D

50 Shooter
July 17, 2004, 12:35 PM
I'm finally back in town, can't make this shoot but should be out by Ridgecrest next weekend. Gotta talk to the group and see if they want to brave 100+ degree temps for a day shoot. Duke, Skunk and others, if you guys want to come out let me know.

If I was back earlier I would see you at Angeles tomorrow (who knows, maybe the boss will let me go play) for the shoot. Noon is a little late to get to Angeles, Sunday's are always busy there. They open at 9am and it's usually a good idea to get there early.

Where do you plan on meeting? At the office?

Black Majik
July 17, 2004, 04:15 PM
I think meeting at the office is a good place to meet. If we're not at the office then we'll be at the rifle range. :)

50 shooter,
I've talked to you over on Calguns. Hope someday we'll get a chance to shoot. That .50 you have sounds like a blast to shoot. :D

50 Shooter
July 17, 2004, 07:55 PM
What are you doing next Saturday? If you want to brave the heat we'll be out in the desert for the day.

Let me know and I'll PM you with the info.

Beetle Bailey
July 17, 2004, 08:00 PM
Hey, for you guys who don't know, if you go to www.angelesranges.com you can print up a coupon for $2 off. Just a FYI ;) . See you guys tomorrow.

BamBam-31
July 19, 2004, 12:08 AM
Me and Beetle met up with Black Majik and Kevlarman up at Angeles today. Skunk was there, but not there, like the ninja he is. All in all, a good day at the range with fellow High Roadsters.

Black Majik
July 19, 2004, 07:43 AM
Ken, Mike and James,

It was a pleasure shooting with you guys. I had tons of fun, especially trying to hit that damn heart silhouette in the pig with the pistols, and the little swinging pig at 90 yrds.

Ken, thanks for letting me shoot your Enfield.

Mike, thanks for letting me shoot your scoped SU-16.

Too much fun, til' next time. :D

Kevlarman
July 19, 2004, 12:57 PM
Mike, Richard, and Ken:

It was nice to meet up with you dude again after the longest time! Thanks for letting me shoot the SU-16 and Enfield, and thanks for the Pepsi too!

Sorry I left sorta early, but we gotta do this again soon!

Skunkabilly
July 19, 2004, 11:20 PM
You guys should have come by the trailer...I was in there...but you probably would't have found me...

50 Shooter
July 20, 2004, 11:57 PM
If anyone wants to shoot, we'll be at Angeles Range on Sunday at the far end of the rifle range.

50 Shooter
August 10, 2004, 04:01 PM
We'll be at Angeles Range again this Sunday (15th) if anyone wants to come out.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone in Socal wanna shoot?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!