Remington 9MM 115gr. JHP ammo

PDA

MR.G
June 30, 2004, 06:09 PM
My local Walmart now carries Remington 115 gr JHP 9mm in the 100 round value pack for $13.96. Any comments about this ammo? I am thinking about buying some to shoot and carry in my Kel-Tec P-11.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 9MM 115gr. JHP ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Longbow
July 1, 2004, 11:06 PM
' don't know ' bout its ballistic capabilties, but $13.96/100rds of JHP sounds good. I'll check my local Walmart tomorrow. :)

mattf7184
July 1, 2004, 11:41 PM
Hope my wally world has it, gunna try it if they do next time i go to the range.

stans
July 2, 2004, 07:56 AM
If it is Remington in the green and yellow box, it should be good and should feed in most fairly modern 9mm pistols. Several years ago Remington redesigned their 115 grain hollow point bullet, made the tip a little more rounded for better feeding reliability and made the hollow cavity a bit deeper for better expansion.

Now if it is Remington UMC, I have no opinion as I have not seen or shot the UMC label hollowpoint ammo. I have, in the past, used UMC label (yellow box) FMJ in 9mm and 45 ACP. I found it a little inconsistant in velocity, a bit on the dirty side, and not all that accurate. I had a S&W 39-2 that jammed only once and it was with UMC. The rim was found to be undersized.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 9MM 115gr. JHP ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!