What size tap ?

PDA

pahrumpcaveman
December 28, 2002, 10:17 PM
Anyone know what size the screws are on the grip frame of a Ruger Blackhawk ? I am customizing a used Blackhawk and was going to use one of the old grip frame screws to hold on the front sight . They are extra as I bought a new set . I thought it was a 6-40 but when try to screw the tap in the gun itself its a no go .

If you enjoyed reading about "What size tap ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
George Stringer
December 29, 2002, 09:04 AM
I don't know what they are right off hand. You might find your local hardware store or machinist supply house has a screw checker on hand. Brownells sells a little screwchecker that I use quite often. You mght also just give Ruger a call and ask. George

pahrumpcaveman
December 29, 2002, 09:22 AM
George , I have a little gauge that tells the thread size and they are 40 but a #6 is to big and #5 to small . Ill do as you suggest and call Ruger on Monday or Tuesday . I will be shocked if they are metric .

Wyobuckaroo
January 1, 2003, 07:46 PM
Howdy
Sounds like 4mm ??? Maybe M4x.75
Wyo

If you enjoyed reading about "What size tap ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!