Glock 27 vs. SIG P239

PDA

ArmyAviator
June 30, 2004, 09:42 PM
All...new to this site...posted a thread soliciting input for a suitable carry pistol...not literally a "pocket gun"...intend to carry on hip. I've rec'd much great advice....narrowed it down to 2 now....I like the Glock 27's size...hafta have the floor plate mag though....don't like the slight elevation of the front sight when I engage a target....Can I overcome this? Surely so...?? Love the SIG P239's quality...size not bad....dont like the reduction in # of mag'd rounds...LOATHE double action....really do....I'm career Army...flown BlackHawks in the last 3 conflicts....Army issue Beretta M9...LOATHE that loooong draw for first round...so the SIG reminds me of that. Current prices I've found: $516 Glock 27 & $569 SIG. Anybody help?

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 27 vs. SIG P239" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JNewell
June 30, 2004, 09:46 PM
If it were me, I'd make the decision based primarily on the trigger. I think your gut is probably giving your head good advice, for you. Others may go another way, or decide based on other reasons.

Face it, both are great pistols. :D Do you like the trigger? - first question. Then, does it fit and function in your hand - do you like where the controls are and how they work? If the second part is OK on the G27, go for it.

JoeRapture
July 1, 2004, 02:22 AM
I carry both. The G-27 in the summer and the P239 in the fall, winter and spring. I like the G-27s higher capacity and durability but I like the P239s size, compactness and balance. I don't notice any difference in point of aim, either. My instinct tells me if you don't like that lonnnnnngggg first trigger pull you should try out the Glock. In any event, I would suggest getting night sites with whatever you buy. Good Luck. JB

ArmyAviator
July 1, 2004, 10:07 AM
JB....what would make you carry a larger slight larger handgun in the summer vice the smaller in the other 3 seasons.....you see, being in Alabama now, we only have 2 seasons.....DEC/JAN and HOT HUMID HELL. Whatever am I to do? I take it you have no issue with the looooonnng pull on DA. Thanks for the reply. --Bryant.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 27 vs. SIG P239" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!