Boredom turns into a set of grips for my CZ 40B

PDA

12 Volt Man
July 1, 2004, 03:43 AM
B.I.L. and I needed a project. I had been trying to sell my 40B so that I could finance another project. Now I may have a keeper. We started messing with some pieces of wood to see if we could make them work on a 40B. They turned out beautiful.
They are made from the same wood that we do most of our 1911 grips out of. Gold Field Burl, Rib Fruited Mallee.
It was harder to work out a fit for this gun than it is for a 1911. It was a fun night.

http://www.jackashcustom.com/images/40b_004.jpg

http://www.jackashcustom.com/images/40b-002a.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Boredom turns into a set of grips for my CZ 40B" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cz75bdneos22
July 1, 2004, 04:40 AM
i like 'em!!
can i purchase a pair?
when will they be available..

clipse
July 1, 2004, 10:37 AM
Those are beautiful grips.

clipse

12 Volt Man
July 1, 2004, 11:02 AM
cz75bdneos22,
check your PM's

Thanks clipse

clipse
July 1, 2004, 11:27 AM
When are you going to make grips for the P-01/PCR/compact and fullsized 75/85 series?

clipse

PCRCCW
July 1, 2004, 11:28 AM
Man.........YOU SUCK! :D Now Im gonna have to take my CZ40B to the belt sander again and start a project.............sheesh!

Seriously, NICE NICE NICE......Ill have to see how they feel tonight when I shoot the bad boy........:D

Shoot well.

12 Volt Man
July 1, 2004, 02:38 PM
When are you going to make grips for the P-01/PCR/compact and fullsized 75/85 series?

We would like to do it clipse, there is alot more that would go into making those than the ones we have done so far. I got a routing table not too long ago. We just need to get the time to mess with it and figure the best way to make them.
You can get in touch with Hakan for those. You probably already know that.
Or you can be patient and one day we will figure it out.

DMK
July 1, 2004, 02:43 PM
Nice! :cool:

Terminus
July 1, 2004, 02:57 PM
Man, those grips are sweet!

I can sympathize with your comments on -75 grips. I'm a (fairly) competent furniture builder with a pretty well equipped woodshop, but I've had a real tough time doing my own grips. In fact, I've trashed my first three tries. There are just so many ups, downs, ins, and outs to duping the plastic grips.

Hakan definitely has my respect.

clipse
July 1, 2004, 03:00 PM
I will eventually need new grips for my P-01. The rubber grips aren't ideal for CCW. Of course for now I will be using the plastic $10 variety from CZUSA. I don't have anything against hakan, he does great work(no, spectacular work). I think I just had it drilled into my head too many times that if I can spend my money in the states then do that instead of shipping to other counties. So, let me know when you decided to make grips for the 75 compact models and the fullsize models. I will deffintaly be interested. I am a patient man.

clipse

horge
July 1, 2004, 06:47 PM
Very nice work!
What was used to finish the wood?
:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Boredom turns into a set of grips for my CZ 40B" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!