caliber question - what is it?

PDA

rick_reno
July 1, 2004, 08:58 AM
A fellow last night at the range was shooting a bottle necked cartridge from his SIG 220, he said he had a drop in BARSTO barrel that was ported and the brass was made from .45 acp. Bullet wt. was 165 grs. I remembered everything but the caliber, anyone know what bottle necked round can be made from .45 acp? It might have been .400 Corbon but I can't recall what he said it was. It was incredibly accurate, producing 1 inch or less groups at 25 yards.

If you enjoyed reading about "caliber question - what is it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim Watson
July 1, 2004, 09:13 AM
I don't guess if you went to the Barsto catalog or website that they might tell you what barrels they make for that model.

rick_reno
July 1, 2004, 09:20 AM
Yes, I did that. What I'm trying to find out is what bottle necked cartridge is made from .45 acp brass. I think it's probably a .400 Corbon - but I'm not sure.

pauli
July 1, 2004, 09:40 AM
could be 40 super.

Sean Smith
July 1, 2004, 10:59 AM
Well, there is .400 Cor-Bon, .40 Super, .38 Casull...

It was incredibly accurate, producing 1 inch or less groups at 25 yards.

That's the Bar-Sto barrel, not the caliber, at work.

cratz2
July 1, 2004, 12:15 PM
Yeah, if you have a gunsmith properly fit a BarSto barrel into a half-way decent pistol, you're going to have a pretty accurate gun on your hands... Even if it's the supposedly not-so-accurate 40S&W.

;)

rick_reno
July 1, 2004, 03:46 PM
Yeah, if you have a gunsmith properly fit a BarSto barrel into a half-way decent pistol, you're going to have a pretty accurate gun on your hands...

He said this was a drop in barrel - he took it out of the box and replaced the stock barrel in his 220.

BryanP
July 1, 2004, 04:32 PM
Taking a peek at the barrels for P220's offered on Bar Sto's web page (http://www.barsto.com/sig.html) it looks like a "semi drop-in" .400 Corbon is all it could have been as Bar Sto only offers them in .45ACP and .400 Corbon for that model.

If you enjoyed reading about "caliber question - what is it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!