Who doesn't have a CZ?

PDA

clipse
July 2, 2004, 01:28 PM
And why in the hell not? :D

clipse

If you enjoyed reading about "Who doesn't have a CZ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
halvey
July 2, 2004, 01:38 PM
Me.

Too many 1911's to buy.

NEtracker
July 2, 2004, 01:53 PM
I don't. We cannot buy them New here, the Used ones at New prices have dried up, and CZ USA indicates they have no plans to have models designed and tested for this state.
Would I get one if they were on the MA Approved List plus the Atty General's "secret" approval list, YES.
(remember, this is Kerry country):confused:

RatFink
July 2, 2004, 01:58 PM
Me, I've wanted one for a long time, but it keeps getting bumped to next in line by super deals that come my way.

warmi
July 2, 2004, 02:01 PM
I don't have one yet but I am planning to get a RAMI ...

It won't get much CCW use here in IL but since it appears to be a cool toy , I will get it anyway.

BHPshooter
July 2, 2004, 02:03 PM
:( Me.

I want one bad, too. No, I want lots.

I need to get a decent full-time job before I can get any more guns... :(

Wes

Zundfolge
July 2, 2004, 02:09 PM
In the loosest most technical sense I do (I have a VZ-24)

But as for a CZ Handgun, its on the list but I don't have extra cash for a pistol right now ... maybe you could contribute to my "Zundfolge needs a CZ Fund" ... email or PM me and I'll tell you where to send the checks :neener:

Or if you have an extra one you want to give away that would be fine too.

Then I'll have to start a "Zundfolge needs a pair of Hakan's Fund" :p

12 Volt Man
July 2, 2004, 02:14 PM
I don't have a CZ. I have 3 CZ's :D

Harbinger
July 2, 2004, 02:39 PM
Me. Not interested.

Rival
July 2, 2004, 02:41 PM
I don't have a CZ, and probably never will.

Why? Let's see. Me and my best friend got into guns at the same time. We agreed that we will not buy same handguns, so that every time we go to the range we get to take all of our guns and shoot all the different specimen. What fun is that if we have same guns? :confused:

Anyway, my first gun was Springfield Loaded, and his first gun was CZ-75B. I love that CZ, it is NICE, but I could not get one per our agreement. And he was always greening at me when I shot it... :cuss:

The situation resolved itself when I got me my own brand spanking new Browning Hi Power in 9mm, in a traditional deep-blue finish and wooden grips. He can have that CZ-75B for himself now, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:p :evil: :neener:

clipse
July 2, 2004, 03:32 PM
For those that don't have any CZ's but really want one or three. Here ya go. :D

http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v101/clipse/CZUB/Clipboard01.jpg

http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v101/clipse/CZUB/p-01.jpg

My two untill I decide which CZ I'm getting next.

clipse

Dave Markowitz
July 2, 2004, 03:50 PM
I have a CZ-52. Cool gun, zoomie round.

I had a CZ-85, which had some problems. It's long gone. If I want to shoot 9mm, I have a BHP. :neener:

Plinkerton
July 2, 2004, 04:04 PM
I really want a P-01. It has been on my 'next to buy' list for a while now.

I think by the end of the summer I'll be able to get one.

I hope so anyway... :scrutiny:

Black Snowman
July 2, 2004, 04:21 PM
For a long time I've wanted a CZ and not had one. Missed my chance at a great deal when CZ had the 75 on special with a hi-cap. Then missed when they were selling 97s cheap.

Finally bought a CZ . . . a CZ 550 Varmint Laminated. Still no pistolas.

Finally I jumped on with the CZ 40B and found I hated the straight grip. SO that got traded off but I loved the gun so much otherwise I picked up a used CZ 75B right away. Now I'm trying to scrounge for a CZ 75 Compact.

After that I want a 97B then maybe an SA, I still have hi-caps from the 40B so I'll need to pick up another .40 CZ at some point . . . Oh, if I ever get CCW definately need a RAMI for a backup.

Werewolf
July 2, 2004, 04:21 PM
I don't have one yet but I am planning to get a RAMI ...

It won't get much CCW use here in IL but since it appears to be a cool toy , I will get it anyway.

FWIW - since you don't plan on carrying your CZ why not go with the CZ-75? I've got two CZ-75's. A B in 9mm and a B SA in .40S&W. Correct me if I'm wrong but the RAMI is for all practical purposes just a 75 with a polymer frame isn't it (costs more too I believe).

SLCDave
July 2, 2004, 04:34 PM
I don't, but I plan on getting a 97B someday, when the fund-fairy visits...

clipse
July 2, 2004, 04:37 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but the RAMI is for all practical purposes just a 75 with a polymer frame isn't it

It is a bit more different than that. The Rami has an aluminum alloy frame and a few other minor differences.FWIW.

clipse

ninjalawyer
July 2, 2004, 04:46 PM
Too dangerous for sale in Massachusetts, according to our AG, Tom Reilly.

steelhead
July 2, 2004, 04:58 PM
I don't own a CZ built after 1953. Does that qualify?

Brian Williams
July 2, 2004, 05:01 PM
I do not like the way that the tang pokes me in the web of my hand, I would prefer a BHP or even a Glock 17. I would like to get a 52 for the cool Flash Bang whizzz.

Boats
July 2, 2004, 05:17 PM
Not til next month.:D CZ-85B goes on order in time for the death of the AWB along with a post-post ban AR or AK I haven't decided on yet.

TexVetDan
July 2, 2004, 05:23 PM
I had a 75b in 40, sold it cheap. Not accurate and the trigger just sucked beyond belief. On the up side, it never malfunctioned and did look good.
Dan

outofbattery
July 2, 2004, 07:28 PM
I don't. We cannot buy them New here, the Used ones at New prices have dried up, and CZ USA indicates they have no plans to have models designed and tested for this state.
Would I get one if they were on the MA Approved List plus the Atty General's "secret" approval list, YES.
(remember, this is Kerry country)

" "

I'd like to have one , like I'd like a Kahr , XD and Steyr but they're not safe enough for us to handle :(

NJ3
July 2, 2004, 08:23 PM
I had a PCR and sold it. :banghead: I'll buy a P-01 in .40 cal, if CZ will just go ahead and produce it.

Mastrogiacomo
July 2, 2004, 08:52 PM
I don't have one yet. Too many Berettas I want first and CZs aren't available in the state anyway...what a shock....

tc300mag1
July 2, 2004, 08:54 PM
Me to many other guns that want my attn plus cost is super high here at least i think its high for um cheepest ive seen was 550-600

Well i guess i do if you count my VZ_24

lee n. field
July 2, 2004, 09:58 PM
I don't, right now. It's out getting a holster made around it. Should be back home soon. :D

cratz2
July 2, 2004, 11:22 PM
I don't not have one!

:p

I've had about six of them plus maybe three EAAs... I've been recommending them for several years now.

denfoote
July 2, 2004, 11:26 PM
http://img5.photobucket.com/albums/v22/denfoote/CZ52_and_rose.jpg

Tim
July 2, 2004, 11:34 PM
Don't need one...have BHP.

Zach S
July 2, 2004, 11:36 PM
I dont. There's no reason why I dont, unless you want to count the fact that I haven't purchased one:neener:

I havent handled them very much, the ones I have picked up just didn't seem to fit. Ironicly glocks dont fit either, yet I own one.

Despite all of the positive posts I read here, CZs never come to mind when I'm shopping. I've got a mil-spec, pocket gun (probably the PM9), and an AR15 lower on the list right now. Remind me to get a CZ after September and I'll consider it...

Schuey2002
July 2, 2004, 11:54 PM
I don't have one. Why? They've never floated my boat.. :uhoh:

Josey
July 3, 2004, 12:31 AM
Oddly enough, no. I tried the EAA Witness, got a Ruger and then settled on a Colt 1911. CZ products aren't plentiful around here.

SteelyDan
July 3, 2004, 02:05 AM
I don't have one, but I want one. It will be my next purchase. Unless I decide to finally get a .357. Or a Browning 9 mm. This is frustrating. "Get them all" does not apply when your monthly bills are the same size as your paycheck.

Flashpoint
July 3, 2004, 02:22 AM
I'll be looking at the P-01 when I go to get another 9mm. If I wanted a large 9mm it would be a 75B. I would already have a 75B, but the gun fund is very limited. :(

pbhome71
July 3, 2004, 02:33 AM
I don't have CZ pistol... but I do have their Rimfires.

One of these day, I'll get one of their pistol.

-Pat

phantom309
July 3, 2004, 03:21 AM
I had a 75b. It was a very good pistol, especially for the money - but I just didn't shoot it well. I'd like to try a 75bSA someday to see if that works better for me. There's so much to recommend CZs that it's hard not to own one.

hso
July 3, 2004, 03:21 AM
Already got a BHP in 9mm so don't got one.

My wife, on the other hand, has a .45 (Witness Silver Team)and .40 (RAMI):neener:

Expect I'll have to get that 75 in 9mm just to fit in:D

BTW - Anyone know where to get a +1 base for the RAMI?

denfoote
July 3, 2004, 06:39 AM
The CZ52 is the ONLY model that fits my hand!!!

Zeke Menuar
July 3, 2004, 09:02 AM
I have a CZ-83. The look is unique to say the least. Why these guns aren't more popular is a mystery. The CZ-83 is one of the best built, most accurate pistols I have come across in a long time.

http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v145/ZekeMenuar1/CZ-83_2.jpg

ZM

WVleo
July 3, 2004, 09:24 AM
Hi, I have a CZ40B I love. Seems you either like the fit or you don't ! Now I would like to get a 9mm, but first I have to sell some of my .22lr rifles that I never shoot,but had to build . I will tho be keeping the cz452 american over the souped up 10/22 and the souped up Sako p94s. I think a cz85 is something I may consider as my 9mm pistol ...........WVleo

WhoKnowsWho
July 3, 2004, 10:40 AM
I don't have one yet. I would like to get a nice deal on a used one but I don't see them used most of the time! And I passed up on a good deal for a new nickel CZ75, due to another purchase (one gun or a CZ and lever action rifle... I chose the one) And I have been considering jumping into the 10mm with a Witness, but it's not a real CZ... excuses excuses I know.

armoredman
July 3, 2004, 10:49 AM
I have had six clones over the years, plus a very accurate CZ75 Compact, which was sold only under the greatest of duress. The wife carries a CZ2075 RAMI 9mm, which she loves, and I would very much like a PO1 or the Holy Grail, (to me), the CZ75D steel frame compact decocker.....can't find one anywhere....

Marshall
July 3, 2004, 01:07 PM
Nope, I haven't found a way to justify it yet. My Browning Hi-Powers cover the 75 deal. My XD-40 has the PO-1 covered and I plan on buying a Sig 232 which will cover the .380. I do have a hankerin for the biggun though, the 97. :D

I'm buying a new Smith .45LC Mountain Gun today and possibly a .45LC or 45-70 lever gun too, if the price is right. After these, another Hi-Power is probably next, the MK III is the only one I don't have so, the 97 might be a while. Oh, I also am getting some custom work done to my S&W M60 carry gun and I need to buy a new digital camera sometime too. I hate not being able to post good pics, all I have is my cell phone camera right now and it doesn't quite cut it for nice gun pics. I need to find a less expensive obsession.......:uhoh: :scrutiny:

oogee
July 3, 2004, 03:31 PM
I just can't help it...

gulogulo1970
July 3, 2004, 07:25 PM
Most of my gun niches are filled. I almost bought a 40S&W CZ Rami but the finish looked like too thick spray paint. If it were blued or stainless I'd be a CZ owner today. Instead, I bought a Glock 36. So now, my small CC auto needs are covered (for now) and CZ missed out.

armoredman
July 3, 2004, 10:21 PM
oogee, is that a PCR, or do you have mah gun!?!?

Mr. Chitlin
July 3, 2004, 11:31 PM
I don't have one, never have had one. Just not interested in this particular gun.

SouthpawShootr
July 4, 2004, 04:55 PM
Does a CZ100 count? If so, yes. If not, I offer the excuse that a better deal always came along. I'd like to get a CZ75 someday or a some of the smaller guns.

Dot_mdb
July 4, 2004, 10:17 PM
I have two CZs. Both are rifles.

Bill

Sunray
July 5, 2004, 12:01 AM
Doesn't fit my hand or I would have had one back in 1980ish when they first came to Canada. Any other silly questions?

Tom Servo
July 5, 2004, 01:45 PM
I'm working on it! Give me time!

Actually, I'm still torn between the P-01 and the 75 Compact.

marauder220
July 5, 2004, 06:42 PM
I don't have any CZ's and really don't want any. I've looking at them before and they never really struck me as a good quality weapon, although I've been told different on many occasions.

Black Snowman
July 5, 2004, 07:00 PM
They remind me of AKs in that they are produced inexpensively but aren't "cheap". The quality of materials is excellent and the quality is where it counts. Sure they don't finish the inside of the slide to a beutiful surface or finish but it doesn't need to be. Unlike AKs they are accurate as all get-out (at least for me).

As I've said in other threads there biggest stumbling block here in the USA is their relatively poor stock triggers, and this could be easily remedyed at the factory by using higher quality cutters or making the cuts slower so they produce a smoother engagement surface. This would add to the production costs as they would have to either get more machines to keep pace or slow down the rest of the line, but I'm sure it would help sell them at the gunstore.

I am able to correct this small defiency myself in somewhere between 30 minutes and 3 hours depending on circumstances. The thing that really sells me on them is their ergonomics, value, and accuracy. I just shoot the things so damn well compared to other guns I just can't believe it.

Black Majik
July 5, 2004, 10:53 PM
Me too.. I dont have a CZ.

The only 2 CZ's I'm interested in slightly is the PCR and the Rami. But there are way too many other guns on my list before those even come close to me considering to buy.

I still need/want 8 more 1911's before any CZ's come into my posession.

clipse
July 6, 2004, 10:47 AM
I do believe that is a steel framed CZ 75D compact is it not? The frame deffinately doesn't look like a PCR.

clipse

CZ52GUY
July 7, 2004, 10:50 AM
...I have a CZ-75B and a CZ-75 Transitional (no firing pin block, but has the wider mag' well like the 75-B's).

I enjoy both, but I wouldn't consider them a BHP equivalent or vice versa.

A BHP is a BHP a CZ-75B is inspired by a BHP...not the same piece.

I have an Arcus (very much a BHP clone)...the operational controls are different, the ergonomics are different, the trigger is different.

Mr. Camp has good information on both BHP's and CZ-75's, as well as a good report on the CZ-83.

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/

Both mine have terrific triggers...my CZ-75B is my "alpha-autoloader". I can hit what I aim at with it and have become very comfortable with its operational "nuances". I find it to be a very "forgiving" piece. My technique doesn't have to be perfect to get satisfactory results. My Glocks, on the other hand, require a precise intersection of all the required elements to get the results I'm after (which can also be useful when working out the kinks of something I may be doing wrong during practice).

Some find the safety and slide release controls of the CZ line uncomfortable, especially when compared to a 1911's.

I added Hogue FG grips to both and they fit me very well. They won't fit every hand and not everyone will get similar results.

If you don't have a CZ, you owe yourself the chance to check one out. If you tried it and don't care for it, that's fine too.

Since I have two CZ's...what I need, is a BHP Practical...but that's another story...;).

Safe shooting,

CZ52'

tankrlm
July 7, 2004, 11:34 PM
Does a CZ27 count....?fnh Kal.7.65

Plinkerton
July 7, 2004, 11:46 PM
There ya go...
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v242/tankrlm/cz27.jpg

tankrlm
July 7, 2004, 11:53 PM
How did you do that?

SapperLeader
July 9, 2004, 09:50 AM
I dont have a cz though thier cz75 sa has tempted me many times. Now that I have a browning hipower, I will probally be holding off on 9mm fullsize guns for a while. I am trying to talk my brother into one, so while I may not own one, I can still shoot it :). Most likely, my first cz will be the cz 452 rimfire rifle, or one of their centerfire rifles.

Craig M. Arnold
July 10, 2004, 01:20 AM
IMHO, for the money CZs are one of the very best gun deals out there. I must really like them because I have 16! Here's my latest one. A CZ83 380acp.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/196123.jpg

Muzzleflash
July 10, 2004, 01:33 AM
I'm going to buy a pair of 75Bs or 85combats the minute I can afford them- maybe I can get one for my 18th.

Probably a .22lr conversion kit, too.

MagKnightX
July 10, 2004, 03:54 AM
If somebody will buy my camera with the stipulation that the money must be used towards a CZ, then I'll do that. Until such time as that happens, I can't afford one. Or a new shotgun. Or an Hk.

standingbear
July 10, 2004, 01:46 PM
me..why,do you wanna give me a free one?CZs are great guns but just not on the things I can afford these days.

MJRW
July 10, 2004, 03:00 PM
Why would I get that some Eurogun when there are so many Glocks I have yet to buy...errr...wait. The only one I am interested in is a CZ-75BD and I've not seen one used in awhile.

joe sixpack
July 11, 2004, 05:25 PM
My son and I had a chance to try out a CZ-52 at the range yesterday
and what an accurate pistol it is, plus fit well for the both of us.
He wants one for xmas. Maybe so...

cheers, ab

varoadking
July 11, 2004, 10:45 PM
Had a couple - sold 'em. Didn't like the trigger location - too far forward.

cobb
July 11, 2004, 11:57 PM
I don't. I just don't like how they feel.

Johnny Guest
July 13, 2004, 09:02 PM
None here. Nothing against 'em, and I could happily live with one if I got stranded somewhere and that was all the pistol I could obtain.

My needs are covered by other handguns, and my (projected) available funds will go toward other types.

Best,
Johnny

Badger Arms
July 14, 2004, 01:59 AM
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=1116707

9x19
July 14, 2004, 02:37 AM
None in my house... just don't interest me.

The local shop had a very hard time getting rid of two 75s... second one finally sold, after two months of being "on sale" at their cost.

So, I guess around here, I'm not alone. :D

Vimes
July 14, 2004, 06:45 AM
My first 9mm was CZ-75 but it was stolen :cuss: . Next I bought a H&K USP because I liked its sights better (my current pistol). Later when occasionally shooting a borrowed CZ I thought I should have bought another one instead :banghead: . CZ-75 fits my hand better than USP. However, nowadays I am more interested in Sig-Sauer pistols. Trouble is, those are expensive and scarcely available where I live.

Bainx
July 14, 2004, 08:10 AM
Why don't I have one?
Simple
Nobody sells them
No gun shop here in the Knoxville area
No gun show in the Knoxville area

Makes it kind of like 'alien technology'

Missouri Mule
July 14, 2004, 09:09 AM
Me!
I had one of the earlier Turkish- M il surplus 75B's.
It really was a great pistol, seriously!
Very accurate, easy to shoot and nicely ergonomic- for me at least.

I simply don't care for the 9mm in full sized pistols. The only full sized pistol I truly like and would carry is the BHP. That is probably just a JMB fetish sort of thing though...
I can carry my Kimber compact easier and have my .45 at the same time. :D

Since discovering the PM9 I have changed my tune on the 9mm though.
The 9mm and the PM9 are a match made in gun heaven...IMHO!

I really don't know how the newer compact CZ's compare to the PM9 yet.

I really think the CZ pistol are very well made as well as good values.

Lobotomy Boy
July 14, 2004, 09:19 AM
I have shot about 1000 rounds through my CZ75B, but I have never had it out when I didn't have at least a couple of other guns along, and I usually end up shooting my Blackhawk for serious target shooting. But I am using my CZ as a backup gun for my CCW test this weekend (main gun Glock 21), so I thought I'd better take the time to finally figure it out. I spent a couple of hours at the range, took copious notes, and figured out that it shoots about an inch low and an inch to the left at 21 feet. After figuring out where the sweet spot is in the sight picture, I started putting 8 out of 10 rounds through the 10 ring at that distance. Next time I will start working at longer ranges, but first I need to get a new prescription for my eyeglasses (I'm getting old).

I'm extremely impressed with the gun for the most part, but I have one complaint about the ergos. Those Czechs must have some freakishly long thumbs. There is no way I can hit the slide release without rotating my hand from shooting position.

If any Minnesota resident is interested, Armored Fire has a nice used 75BSA for $325.

Redhat
July 14, 2004, 06:17 PM
Most folks think that you shouldn't be able to reach the slide stop without shifting your grip. That would make it awfully easy to accidentally depress the lever when shooting.

Shane333
July 14, 2004, 07:34 PM
I don't have one yet. At least...not until next week when my CZ83 arrives at my local dealer.:D

yayarx7
July 14, 2004, 07:37 PM
http://yayarx7.i8.com/images/cztactical.jpg

Got this one for $250 +tax.

RickH
July 14, 2004, 11:51 PM
None yet. A cz52 is looking to be my next purchase, and a P-01 too if they make one with out the cheese grater on the front of the slide.

CZF
July 15, 2004, 12:41 AM
With the addition of the COMPACT .40s to the lineup. Alot of .40 fans
will be very happy.

Pics of the CZ85 COMPACT .40, enjoy!

http://www.angelfire.com/amiga2/czid/cz-zone.html

Muzzleflash
July 15, 2004, 02:36 AM
Why don't I have one?
Simple
Nobody sells them
No gun shop here in the Knoxville area
No gun show in the Knoxville area

Makes it kind of like 'alien technology'

I'm going to be right in the middle between Knoxville and 'Chooga.
Think I have a chance in heck of every finding one for sale?

Lobotomy Boy
July 15, 2004, 08:29 AM
Redhat, why would it be a problem to reach the slide release while shooting? The slide release only releases the slide when it's locked in the rearward position after emptying the magazine, and it is not locked in the rearward position while shooting.

I can reach the slide release on my Glock 21 without shifting my grip and that has never been a problem in thousands of rounds. Every Glock I've ever shot, which amounts to well over a thousand rounds through a variety of guns--19C, 20, 20C, 26, and 36--have all featured the slide release where I could reach it with my human-sized thumb, and that has never been a problem. This is also true of my Bersa .380 Thunder and a Bersa .45 Thunder I shot at the range a couple of weeks ago. It's true of an .40 HK USP that I have shot many times. It's true of every Ruger autoloader that I've owned or shot. It's true of the Beretta 92/96, as well as the Taurus clones. In fact, every modern autoloader that I've shot in recent years has a slide release where I can reach it without rotating my grip except the CZ.

Did you think I was talking about the take-down lever or button? On the CZ this is also the slide release, but you break down the gun by aligning two marks and tapping the slide release out of the frame from the right side of the gun with the base plate of the magazine. It's a complicated and difficult procedure compared to stripping a Glock, and not one that you're likely to undertake by accident. I imagine that if you were an extremely unlucky lefty with freakish, hyper-developed thumb muscles who happened to press the backside of the slide release lever at just the exact fraction of a second that the hash marks were aligned you could have problems, but for those of us who haven't been inecting localized steroids in our thumb muscles this should not be an issue. Especially if we're right-handed.

Heraclitus
July 15, 2004, 09:26 AM
I once owned a PCR and 97. Both beautiful and right-on-the-mark. But what good is looks and accuracy if a gun fails to feed when it matters the most or you can't customize it yourself if you wanted to? Of all the guns I have ever owned, the PCR had the most malfunctions and the 97 was -- and remains to this day -- the most difficult to find parts for.

clipse
July 15, 2004, 10:09 AM
CZF,

I'm being nit pickey. Your site that lists the features of the new compact .40 lists the frame and slide as steel. Isn't the frame alum. alloy like the P-01?

clipse

Berg01
July 15, 2004, 10:20 AM
My CZ 75B .40 is a keeper now that it is set up the way I want it, but it first needed some gunsmith work to get it to run to my satisfaction.

Werewolf
July 15, 2004, 10:41 AM
Did you think I was talking about the take-down lever or button? On the CZ this is also the slide release, but you break down the gun by aligning two marks and tapping the slide release out of the frame from the right side of the gun with the base plate of the magazine. It's a complicated and difficult procedure compared to stripping a Glock,Emphasis mine...

You're kidding right? Taking down a CZ is a piece of cake in comparison to taking down a Glock. I always have problems with the Glock and getting my fingers set on those two really tiny little serated buttons on each side of the slide and pressing them down at the same time while holding the slide back just a bit. Field stripping a Glock isn't rocket science and it doesn't require world class hand/eye coordination to do but it is way harder than taking down a CZ IMO.

Boats
July 15, 2004, 11:28 AM
I thought Glocksters never cleaned their pieces, what do they need a field strip for, let alone to know about someone else's?:D

Werewolf
July 15, 2004, 11:43 AM
I thought Glocksters never cleaned their pieces, what do they need a field strip for, let alone to know about someone else's? :D Heh! I aways cleaned mine. That paid off too. When I traded a Glock 22 I got $100 more than I should have because when the gun shop appraiser took it down he was so impressed with the cleanliness of the firing pin channel. Seems most folks never clean in there. I'd put over 2000 rounds thru the thing and he said it looked like new to him. Sometimes cleaning does pay off.;)

RON in PA
July 15, 2004, 11:55 AM
Why have a CZ 75 when you can have a Browning HiPower, S&W 5906 or a Ruger 95DC? All of the others are much more reliable than the CZ that I sold.

clipse
July 15, 2004, 12:04 PM
Why have a CZ 75 when you can have a Browning HiPower, S&W 5906 or a Ruger 95DC?

Your not allowed to answer a question with a question. Besides what kinda question is that? :D

clipse

Redhat
July 15, 2004, 07:04 PM
Lobotomy Boy,

What I meant was; If your thumb can contact the slide stop with a normal firing grip there is the possibility of depressing it accidentally which could cause the slide NOT to lock open after the last shot is fired.

I don't personally think it is a defect in the weapon if I have to change grip during reloading to drop the magazine and release the slide stop.

It just doesn't matter one way or the other.

As for aligning the witness marks on the rear of the slide to disassemble the pistol...maybe that's why I had to use a hammer on mine

Thanks for the tip

If you enjoyed reading about "Who doesn't have a CZ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!