Can you put a folding stock on a para SKS?

PDA

jpIII
July 2, 2004, 03:58 PM
Not yet,.. but when this silly ban goes bye bye:D

can you put a folding stock on a paratrooper SKS?
I've read that it won't fit, but I am skeptical because I was under the impression that it was just the barrel that was shortened..

I look forward to the responses from you sks experts:p
Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Can you put a folding stock on a para SKS?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hkmp5sd
July 2, 2004, 04:17 PM
No. The SKS is an imported firearm and an SKS with a folding stock cannot be legally imported. Under 922(r), you cannot assemble from imported parts a firearm that is illegal for importation.

jpIII
July 2, 2004, 04:34 PM
do you have a link to 922(r)?
I would like to read it for myself.... not that I don't believe, but knowledge is power:)

thanks,

Hkmp5sd
July 2, 2004, 04:53 PM
(r) It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes except that this subsection shall not apply to --

(1) the assembly of any such rifle or shotgun for sale or distribution by a licensed manufacturer to the United States or any department or agency

FEDERAL FIREARMS REGULATION REFERENCE GUIDE 2000 (http://www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/complete.htm)

If you enjoyed reading about "Can you put a folding stock on a para SKS?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!