Mark II Silencer options

PDA

Domino
July 3, 2004, 01:13 PM
I have just purchased a Ruger Mark II model KMK-512. It is stainless with a 5 1/2" bull barrel. I am considering having an integral suppressor added on to it in the future. I was wondering if anyone knows who would do this and what would be the cost of something like this after the $200.00 transfer fee. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Mark II Silencer options" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BeLikeTrey
July 3, 2004, 01:26 PM
Had (at one point) a threaded barrel for 89.00$ i believe. It is a shorter barrel and will regquire a gunsmith to lathe and mount it to the receiver IIRC. then you can get whatever can you want.

Domino
July 5, 2004, 12:56 PM
Thanks Trey, but no one else knows anything?

Jim K
July 5, 2004, 02:45 PM
If you are in the MD area, give Richard Creager a call at (301) 631-9048 in the evening. He has put suppressors on many Rugers, and manufactures them. He would be the one to talk to. AFAIK, the bull barrel would be removed, and a standard barrel installed, turned down to accommodate the suppressor. The other alternative would be an add on suppressor, but I don't think that can be done with a bull barrel, either. I don't know if turning down the bull barrel is feasible.

BTW, removing a Ruger barrel is a four star bitch. Ruger installs their barrels before machining the receiver, and they are in there tight!

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "Mark II Silencer options" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!