What gov't contract would HK go after w/ US plant?

PDA

10-Ring
February 14, 2003, 12:08 AM
Heard some great news today...that HK is planning on building a US manufacturing facility. Great for all us HK fans for sure, bt it also got me thinking....WHY? Perhaps to better qualify for a gov't contract. What contract would best appeal to the R&D guys & the engineers over at HK?

If you enjoyed reading about "What gov't contract would HK go after w/ US plant?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Schuey2002
February 14, 2003, 12:16 AM
According to HKpro...
.... the U.S. military is investigating the lower part of the OICW (essentially a G36K) as an M4 comparable stand alone assault rifle for selected troop deployment, for those fielding the XM29/OICW (not general troop M16 replacement)
It looks like they might build an M4 type rifle.. :)

10-Ring
February 14, 2003, 12:48 AM
My big dream is to have a HK long gun again! Let's see how HK gets that M4 replacement to trickle down to the buying pubic!

BerettaNut92
February 14, 2003, 12:50 AM
G36!!!!!!!!

G36 compact! G36 sniper variant! G36 belt fed!!!!!!

Schuey2002
February 14, 2003, 12:58 AM
Skunk, they can sell all the G36's that they want, right now. They don't need a US plant to do that..

Your PM's sound like you are a might bit P.O.'d.. Have you taken a Tactical nap,Skunk??

Hey, I want them to make G36's too. E's,K's,C's and even carbon fiber ones..:neener:

gun-fucious
February 14, 2003, 10:42 AM
with a US plant they are no longer importing

and civilian models with pistol grips become possible

i kinda doubt we are gonna see HKs at Walmart thou...

Fly320s
February 14, 2003, 11:44 AM
"My big dream is to have a HK long gun again!"

My big dream is to have a HK short gun! Namely a MP5.

Now, to change some laws....

ball3006
February 14, 2003, 03:44 PM
bidder. On the other hand, civilian sales are retail. The USA is a BIG market...chris3

AZTOY
February 14, 2003, 04:08 PM
Skunk, they can sell all the G36's that they want, right now. They don't need a US plant to do that..

This is a good move for HK. Thay will save millions in shipping and border custom costs. :D

A Civilian models MP5 would be nice.:evil:

BerettaNut92
February 14, 2003, 04:47 PM
And the skunk will be buying oodles of them and will neener to the nth degree back to 10-ring!!!!

Intel6
February 15, 2003, 11:00 AM
Rumors of a replacement upper for the M4 with a G36 type gas system have been thrown around. Don't know how valid they are but it sure sound good.

Kharn
February 15, 2003, 01:19 PM
Intel: I wouldnt put it past HK, an FAL style gas system would be totally doable a new front sight block, carrier key and a piston & tube would have to be designed, but that shouldnt take too long. A G36 version probably wouldnt be much harder.

Kharn

ahenry
February 15, 2003, 02:18 PM
They are already going after a gov’t contract. Look like they have one of the top two spots in the new INS contract which, if I’m not mistaken, is the second largest gov’t contract given. Nothing is official yet, this is just what I hear “through the grapevine”.

Government contracts are low bidder. Not necessarily. In the last NFU weapons test, price was only 20% of the overall evaluation.

If you enjoyed reading about "What gov't contract would HK go after w/ US plant?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!