Bersa 45 hp "quick" range session results

PDA

Doug S
July 3, 2004, 07:51 PM
Well I weaseled out of a birthday party with the wife & kids today, so I thought I’d use some of this “important get some work done” time to sneak off for a quick range session with the Bersa 45. Previously I've put 157 rounds of fmj through the Bersa with one failure to go completely into battery (while a friend was shooting the pistol). He pushed the slide home & proceeded to empty the mag without a problem. We then put another 50 rounds through it without any malfunctions at all (The first 100 were also malfunction free). He believed it was a user malfunction as he was trying to short stroke the trigger. Don't know if that's possible, but nevertheless the pistol seems pretty reliable & hadn't to that point malfunctioned with me. I even loaded a couple of mixed magazines of Winchester White Box, Wolf, & UMC to see if the pistol would malfunction, & the gun went through them all without a hitch.

Which leads me to today’s session. I decided to give some hollow point ammo a try. I picked up a box of Federal 230 grain Hydrashoks (20 rounds in box) & a box of Remington 185 grain Golden Saber hollow points (25 rounds in box). I started with the Federal & the first magazine went through fine. On the first or second shot (I can’t remember) of the second mag I had a failure to extract. I proceeded to finish of this mag & the rest of the Federal with no other malfunctions. I then went through the full box of Remington GS (mostly rapid fire) without any malfunctions. So, overall I’m pretty happy with the new Bersa. I can’t claim “Glock Perfection”, but reliability seems pretty good. I’ve only got slightly over 200 rounds through the pistol so I guess I wait & see how it does over the next 200 before “passing judgment”.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bersa 45 hp "quick" range session results" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lobotomy Boy
July 3, 2004, 10:19 PM
I don't know about your failure to eject, but your buddy's failure to feed sounds like a case of limp wristing to me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bersa 45 hp "quick" range session results" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!