Another range session and some observations

PDA

extremefishin00
July 3, 2004, 07:25 PM
I was able to make it to the range again today. I decided to try out my first .45, a Kimber Custom. I was a little apprehensive at first, knowing that it would have a bit more recoil than the 9mm. Anyways, I get to the range, load up a magazine and let loose at 10 yards. 6 out of the 7 shots were touching each other. It felt like the same amount of recoil as the 9mm's, maybe a little less. The more I shot it, the better it felt. I tried one-handed, and didn't do too bad, ending up with a group right around 3" at 10 yards. The first shot was always off, and I know it's because I was flinching. I also fired a friend's P99 and for some reason, when I fired one handed, it had a tendency to launch some of the cases directly for my forehead. Perhaps it's because my arm was stiffer when I used one hand. All in all, it was a fun and educational experience.

Chris

If you enjoyed reading about "Another range session and some observations" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Another range session and some observations" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!