Good Mikey Moore cartoon

PDA

SMLE
July 3, 2004, 09:29 PM
This cartoon appeared in the Albuquerque Journal on July 2nd.
http://www.abqjournal.com/pix/trever_2004/1trev07-02-04.gif

If you enjoyed reading about "Good Mikey Moore cartoon" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Unisaw
July 3, 2004, 09:33 PM
THAT is a great cartoon! I can't make out the cartoonist's name -- what is it?

SMLE
July 3, 2004, 09:37 PM
The artist is John Trevor. He's a local talent.

DTLoken
July 4, 2004, 01:02 AM
What, I don't get it.

http://www.musicforamerica.org/misc/media_files/bushjoke.mov

You people are the ones with no connection with reality and Iraq.

shermacman
July 4, 2004, 07:26 AM
DTLoken
You may have a disagreement about why we are in Iraq. But I think that making fun of those killed in action is disgusting.

71Commander
July 4, 2004, 08:48 AM
DTLoken

You're right. You don't get it.:fire:

DTLoken
July 4, 2004, 08:49 AM
You misinterpet the video, Bush is quite plainly making jokes about the fact that we've found no WMDs in Iraq. It simply points out people who died because of the so called WMDs.

Bush joking was disgusting.

Delmar
July 4, 2004, 09:05 AM
Bush joking was disgusting.

Not nearly as disgusting as your use of KIA's. If some of us have no connection with reality and Iraq, which is debatable, you sir, have absolutely no connection with taste.

ID_shooting
July 4, 2004, 10:23 AM
"It simply points out people who died because of the so called WMDs."

Um, DT, I seem to remember a sarin shell exploded in downtown Bahgdad.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/05/25/iraq.main/

Where there is one, there is more. When are people going to get off of this "no WMD" trip. IMO it has been proven they are there.

Also, as a vet that has lost friends, any video that uses the honnored fallen that way IS digusting, imorral, and unethical.

DTLoken
July 4, 2004, 04:13 PM
Um, DT, I seem to remember a sarin shell exploded in downtown Bahgdad.

It was a 20 year old shell from the Iran/Iraq war. Bush, et al told us they had nukes and literally tons of bio/chem stuff.

I fail to see how the video is distasteful. Bush making a joke about WMDS that don't exist is disgusting considering he sent those boys and girls to their death 's over those reasons.

ID_shooting
July 4, 2004, 04:38 PM
"Bush, et al told us they had nukes..."

refrences?

4v50 Gary
July 4, 2004, 06:04 PM
For keeping it civil while you disagree.

Geech
July 4, 2004, 10:39 PM
It was a 20 year old shell from the Iran/Iraq war.

No, it wasn't. It was a binary shell and Iraq didn't use binary shells in the Iraq/Iran war. Didn't we go over all of this when the info came out?

Bill St. Clair
July 5, 2004, 10:43 AM
My favorite Michael Moore cartoon is by Sean Delonas at the New York Post: Was it good for you? (http://www.nypost.com/delonas/2004/06/06302004.jpg). Cruel, but hilarious.

Black Snowman
July 5, 2004, 12:06 PM
I liked the 1st cartoon better than the 2nd. The 2nd seems too much like raw bashing and gives credibility to the effectiveness of Moore's methods in it's symbolism. The 1st seemed more like reasonable people looking at the facts and realizing the holes in Moore's propganda.

I've never once seen Moore propose an effective alternative. He seems to enjoy just pointing fingers screeming "you suck" without ever contributing a positive thought. It's easy to say "you're wrong, you screwed up" in hindsight even if it was the best option because nothing is simple, and nothing is completely predictable.

Many Democratic reps and senators were pressuring for action against Saddam because of the inspection violations and suspected WMD. Quotes with references have been posted on this subject before. If you blame Bush, you have to blame them as well. The truth is it was a calculated action based on all current information and political pressures at the time.

It was a hard choice but from what I've learned of the situation in the mid-east since we've gone in I think it was the right one. He new it wasn't a popular option and he went in because he felt we had to, not because he wanted to. Believe it or not politicians don't generally like to send voters and their children into harms way.

If we kept a hands off approach the historical result has been world war. Sure it would take a while, but why would you leave World War III to your grandkids when you can defuse it ahead of time? DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN! :evil: The sad truth is that the region has always been unstable and will be for the foreseeable future unless there is a change in political climate.

Saddam's attack on Kuwait was a classic example of their inability to see the world picture. In a world of weapons that can turn an entire nation into a sheet of glass that kind of naked aggression is just not acceptable. Our actions in Iraq and Afghanistan are reminders of what can happen so that others may think twice before choosing violence over the diplomatic options.

It serves no one to let them go on slaughtering each other for hate and profit for the rest of eternity. We have to teach them peaceful co-existance. Even if it kills them.

strambo
July 5, 2004, 01:17 PM
That video really confused me...especially when it started showing Iraqis killed because those pictures looked like all of the carnage Saddam visited upon his own citizens ever since he was in power and I failed to see the connection.:confused: I also remember all the pictures used in basic training to show us the effects of chemical weapons were from Saddams photo album as well.

How many Iraqis died at Saddams hands over the last 12 years because we didn't finish the job the first time? Why is it that casualties are acceptable in Bosnia and not Iraq...what did Bosnia/Kosovo ever do to the US? Got a dead soldier video for Clinton...great pictures of US soldiers being killed in Somalia. Maybe throw in some photos of the 300,000 starved to death, I'm sure some wacky liberal site has one...No? Nothing like selective propaganda based on the party affiliation of the sitting President.

If you enjoyed reading about "Good Mikey Moore cartoon" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!