laseraim .45 acp

PDA

mokster
July 4, 2004, 03:29 AM
I went to the gun show today and saw a deal that was hard to pass up. I bought a laseraim 45 acp. Problem is I know nothing about them and cant find anything on them. If anyone knows anything about them any reply would be appreciated . Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "laseraim .45 acp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
yayarx7
July 4, 2004, 11:24 AM
I found this info on the net...

Previous distributor located in Little Rock, AR. Previously manufactured until 1999 in Thermopolis, WY. Laseraim Arms, Inc. was a division of Emerging Technologies, Inc.

And this...

Laser Aim Connection? ------IN PRODUCTION
Wyoming/Parker arms were made in Thermopolis Wyoming, and Laseraim who also makes a 10 are also made there. But Laseraim is distributed out of Little Rock Arkansas, and what relation these guns have to each other, is not clear as yet. I was "TOLD" that Laseraim bought the Wyoming/Parker design, and is manufacturing it in a vastly improved re-design. I have met several people who own Laseraim pistols, and they all like them. I have personally held a 7" 10mm, and it had the accessory scope mount. Fit, and finish were very good.

I took that opportunity to field strip it, and found replacing the barrel bushing a less than easy proposition, as it is NOT like a standard 1911, other than that it seemed pretty well made. The shop wanted $400 for it with one mag, and no box.

FEATURES (MAY Vary by manufacturer)
9mm, 10mm, .40S&W and .45 ACP.
SA 1911 type Fire Control
All Stainless Steel construction
Barrel lengths from 3 3/8" to 7"
Synthetic grips (NOT 1911 patterned)
Millet sights
Fully supported Ramped Barrel (One barrel lug)
Hammer block slide mounted ambi safety
Full length guide rod
Frame beavertail (NOT a grip safety)
Trigger/frame accessory mount (Laser Aim )

mokster
July 6, 2004, 01:18 AM
thanks for the info. I went out to fire it and it was great except itwent into full auto. I posted a question about this on the gunsmith and repairs forum.:(

Josey
July 6, 2004, 03:02 AM
Off brand. Poor QC. Poor reputation. Soft steel and MIM. They are noted for peening themselves to death. The sears are POJ and do cause full auto ignition, this accelerates the peening and the death of the firearm. You should have checked it out first. Caveat Emptor. Sorry.

gvass
July 6, 2004, 04:45 AM
hi,
The one Laseraim .45 (stainless, compensated) I tried was extremely accurate, but totally unreliable. Not 3 consecutive shots fired without FTF or FTE.

We tried 3 different kind of magazines. Ain't good.

If you enjoyed reading about "laseraim .45 acp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!