Help please with the Campaign Finance Reform

PDA

DMK
July 5, 2004, 02:09 PM
I just had a conversation with the editor of a local newspaper. I had written a letter to the editor regarding our eroding rights and off handedly mentioned the Campaign Finance Reform infringing on our 1st amendment (using teh NRA as an example). He called me back immediately and asked that I rewrite my letter with more specifics.

Could anybody help me with some references and information concerning this law, it's court battle and the ruling of the Supreme Court?

Thank you!

If you enjoyed reading about "Help please with the Campaign Finance Reform" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Justin
July 5, 2004, 03:05 PM
http://www.nationalcenter.org/CampaignIndex.html

I would specifically look up the bit that would ban you or I from buying commercial air time on a TV station to run a political ad sixty days before a general election, but would allow some nattering talking head to spout off at the mouth all they like.

DMK
July 5, 2004, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the link Justin. :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Help please with the Campaign Finance Reform" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!