Don't know what to buy...a little help

PDA

orangeninja
July 5, 2004, 10:45 PM
Okay guys, I sold a Sig Pro and have a few things I wanted....turns out now I don't know what to do.

I thought of a CZ 40B, but it is discontinued and mags are getting scarce....(turn off). So no dice. These are my other options.

If you enjoyed reading about "Don't know what to buy...a little help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sm
July 5, 2004, 10:51 PM
What is the gun for - CCW , HD, range or plinking ?

If you already have one for CCW , I'd suggest getting another just like it - backup / redundency.

Otherwise the SA Mil-Spec 1911. Tuner and others have excellent reports on these, these CCW well, work for HD, range and plinking.

orangeninja
July 5, 2004, 11:10 PM
It'll be CCW....and a shooter.

I have 2 Sig 229's so I thought I might try somthing new.

armoredman
July 5, 2004, 11:27 PM
Try the Witness. Try the real CZ, too, like the PCR or the new RAMI.:cool:

orangeninja
July 5, 2004, 11:43 PM
I had a couple of CZ's...loved em...but HEAVY weight for a 9mm....except for the PCR...which is a consideration...;)

Flashpoint
July 5, 2004, 11:56 PM
Out of what you had there I picked the G17. I have a friend that is trying to sell his to raise $ for some honeymoon stuff. Here's the link.

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=88&t=213288

If you are fond of German/Austrian quality then check out the Steyrs. It is another example of thier fine workmanship.

Black Snowman
July 6, 2004, 12:07 AM
If it were me I'd to have to say none of the above. But I've recently gotten hooked on CZs. I'd recommend the CZ-97B for the price of the Witness + KelTec P11 or a CZ-75 of some flavor for the versatility and (for me) good ergonomics.

What didn't you like about the SigPro that made you get rid of it?

1911Ron
July 6, 2004, 12:08 AM
Mil-Spec!!!no other should be considered:D :D :D

tc300mag1
July 6, 2004, 12:11 AM
Mil spec is what im jonesing for myself i think it would be a great one to have

orangeninja
July 6, 2004, 04:33 PM
"What didn't you like about the SigPro that made you get rid of it?"

I love the Sig Pro....I have 2 identical ones....I decided to expand my horizons...I have 2 identical 229's for the "serious" social work.

clipse
July 6, 2004, 04:46 PM
Alduro,

CZ 75 P-01. Why is not up there? :D

clipse

orangeninja
July 6, 2004, 05:16 PM
I had a P01, it was a great 9mm...but it was also the same physical dimensions as my 229...so I got rid of it. If I go 9mm again, it'll be Glock 17 for the capacity CZ 85 Combat for the accuracy or the PCR for the size. I also have owned a 75B, too heavy for a 9mm for daily carry without a duty belt and the PCR is one of my lost loves. I thought an EAA .45 in nickel or Wonderfinish would be pretty cool. Size wise it is acceptable because of the caliber and capacity. Heavy like a 1911, but more accurate with more rounds in the hole.

If you enjoyed reading about "Don't know what to buy...a little help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!