Where do I find original Sistema 1911 parts?

PDA

CrazyIrishman
July 6, 2004, 12:48 AM
I've been trying to locate an original wide spur hammer for a Sistema 1911 with a blued finish . I did find some Colt hammers but they aren't quite the same.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions of where to go (already been to Auction Arms & Gunbroker for parts w/o luck) ? Even if it needs refinishing that isn't a problem. The current hammer has a chip out of the the spur .

THX

If you enjoyed reading about "Where do I find original Sistema 1911 parts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Old Fuff
July 6, 2004, 10:26 AM
Actually the hammer is identical to a Colt hammer of the 1920's and 30's period. The problem is that no one makes a reproduction of it because it had a reputation of biting the hand that held it.

Finding an original hammer will probably be difficult, but you might try at
( www.e-gunparts.com) but forget the catalog and instead send an e-mail request. They might have a Colt hammer from a 1911 pistol, which would have the correct spur, but expect it to be expensive.

Morgan
July 6, 2004, 03:42 PM
There's got to be someone who's updated their Sistema and has the old hammer. I've seen a few posts, some with photos - try the 1911 forum.

Barring that, you'll just have to buy another Sistema and upgrade one, keeping the other original.

jimmyjoebob
July 6, 2004, 05:46 PM
what parts are you wanting besides the hammer? I might have a good many parts for a Sistema laying around.

James

If you enjoyed reading about "Where do I find original Sistema 1911 parts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!