Closed Threads

PDA

muddyboots
February 14, 2003, 02:47 PM
I just ran across another closed thread that I was about to contribute to. I guess it is one of the moderators who does this, but why? Anyone have an answer? Moderators?

If you enjoyed reading about "Closed Threads" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Oleg Volk
February 14, 2003, 02:54 PM
Which thread was it, could you provide a link?

Generally, moderators who close threads add a comment explaining why. Exceptions may be threads like "your favorite sock color?" which are blatantly off-topic. You are welcome to start a new thread in continuation of the original one -- just think carefully as to what caused the original thread to be closed and don't include those elements. Off-topic content or un-civil conduct are the top two causes.

Correia
February 14, 2003, 02:55 PM
It depends. There are a lot of reasons a thread could get closed. Off topic. Duplicate thread. Beating the dead horse into paste. People just being generally nasty to each other. That kind of thing. :)

Usually the moderator who closes the thread will post on it with a reason as to why it is being locked.

beckrodgers
February 14, 2003, 07:12 PM
hi everybody. I've been reading here for about 2 1/2 weeks. Folks are real good. Lots of good info. I'm not sure I understand everything about posting, etc. The different forums, etc. but, I found Family, Friends, Firearms extremely helpful and very similar to this outfit with many different forums including one on entertainment that answered a question for me that I had been looking for, for 10 years. Hope this helps. I enjoy this site. Thanks

bountyhunter
February 14, 2003, 07:50 PM
Over on Glock talk, you will generally get your wrist slapped for teasing the rednecks or applying logic to their arguments. That really is kind of mean when you think about it.

FCoelho
February 14, 2003, 08:03 PM
After living all my life in NY and recently relocating to NC, I have a new found appreciation for the term redneck :D

I also learned real quick that when they talk about Yankees around here, they don't mean the team.

10-Ring
February 14, 2003, 08:17 PM
In my mind (as dangerous as that may be), it's all about being on topic & being polite. The name of the site after all is "The High Road" ;)

QuikClik
February 14, 2003, 08:38 PM
Perhaps off-topic but in my salute to R. Lee Ermery I committed the sin of not using "SEARCH" to check for previous threads of which there were several, two very near to what I posted. Yes, I am new and quite frankly did not know the search was there. In the F.A.Q. there is a question of "can I search the board" which to my mind should be included in a new question of "what should I do before starting a new thread?"

It's easy to be on the outside looking in to tell someone else how to run their business....

ajacobs
February 14, 2003, 09:11 PM
I wish there was allot less off topic threads but I trust our moderators judgement and I am sure they will keep this from going the way of other gun boards. There does seem to be allot more leway than the old firing line. I keep my non firearms discussion to other boards including my own.

hansolo
February 15, 2003, 12:53 AM
What's your favorite color.......

of handgun?:rolleyes:

-------------------------------

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful....

Hate me because I'm a vapid, narcisisistic
phoney!

If you enjoyed reading about "Closed Threads" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!