Legality of Shipping Firearms and Ammunition in the same package

PDA

Nightfa11
July 8, 2004, 03:26 PM
I received my first C&R gun yesterday (Ex-Sniper M91, Ishevesk (:uhoh: spelling) 1943, for those who are curious). I ordered a 100 round sample pack of 7.62x54r (speaking of which, my shooter's bible doesn't have ballistics for this...and I can't find a table on the net...anyone...anyone) and it was packed in the same box as the gun.

A former FFL told me that used to be illegal. He's been out of business for 10 years or so and said maybe things have changed.

I can't help but think if someone had opened the package, that would have been a formidible combination for someone with bad intentions.

If you enjoyed reading about "Legality of Shipping Firearms and Ammunition in the same package" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hkmp5sd
July 8, 2004, 05:10 PM
AFAIK, there are no federal prohibitions on shipping firearms and ammunition in the same box. It is a requirement to inform the commercial carrier there is a firearm or ammunition in the box. Of course, commercial carriers will have their own rules on the subject.

If you enjoyed reading about "Legality of Shipping Firearms and Ammunition in the same package" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!