Glock 17C w/ selector switch

PDA

FSCJedi
July 8, 2004, 08:07 PM
Anybody know if these can be purchased legally? I have heard that apparently there are no 18C's in the US for legal transfer, but that conversion kits are manufactured for the 17's that make it select-fire like the 18. If so, what do they (the kits) run?

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 17C w/ selector switch" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Preacherman
July 8, 2004, 08:11 PM
No, they can't be legally purchased or installed. Even owning such a kit, if you also own a Glock that it will fit, would lead to the ATF filing charges against you. Not a good idea! :mad:

boofus
July 8, 2004, 08:13 PM
You can buy one if you have a FFL and paid the Class 3 Special Occupation Tax. Then you have to go to the local police department and get a letter from them stating that they want to see a demonstration of a Glock 17C with da switch.

Or if you have a FFL and paid the Class 2 SOT you can build one but you have to register it with the ATF the same day you build it.

Of if you are a police chief I guess you could order your underlings to buy one for the department.

Pretty much any other method you try in the US will earn you a 10 year vacation in federal pound-you-in-the-ass prison.... unless the courts of appeal decide the Stewart ruling stands and home made MGs and parts are not subject to interstate commerce.

Kharn
July 9, 2004, 08:46 AM
Da Switch! Da Switch!
:neener:

Kharn

Zach S
July 9, 2004, 01:41 PM
You could probably find them for about $150 IIRC. But they require green gas to operate and are chambered in 6mm...

Theyre fun:D

Amish_Bill
July 9, 2004, 03:05 PM
Actually, according to what I recall of some rulings, just the parts for converting a gun to FA can be considered an unregistered MG by the alphabet people. I don't have links or references handy, but if I find them, I'll post them.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 17C w/ selector switch" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!