An upcoming TV news hit piece on 'assault rifles' & 'loopholes'

PDA

bastiat
February 14, 2003, 06:09 PM
Just heard a promo on the radio. Local fox affiliate WISN TV 6 in milwaukee is running a promo along these lines (going from memory here):

"Reporter Bob Segall has been walking around with an ASSAULT RIFLE. Sound unlikely? See how a loophole in a law can let almost anyone - even criminals - get their hands on one of these guns."

This hit piece will air Sunday, February 16, at 9pm CST. You can see the investigative reports page at:
http://164.109.57.223//dynamic/story.asp?category=126

Reporter email via this link:
http://164.109.57.223//dynamic/mail.asp?category=177

Hopefully, if this reporter is properly (and politely) informed ahead of time that you can't buy an Assault Rifle (which by definition is a select-fire rifle firing an intermediate power round) without undergoing a background check by the ATF and getting a signoff from your local CLEO, he'll correct himself. If he doesn't, and he's informed ahead of time about the error, if he continues to call it an 'Assault Rifle', he is willfully lying to the public.

If you enjoyed reading about "An upcoming TV news hit piece on 'assault rifles' & 'loopholes'" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
spacemanspiff
February 14, 2003, 06:17 PM
i highly doubt that integrity and truthful reporting techniques could be taught to any member of the media.

Standing Wolf
February 14, 2003, 09:30 PM
Aw, heck. I thought those mean nasty dirty vicious terrible awful nasty horrible assault rifles walked around causing crime all by themselves. People have to help them?

blades67
February 14, 2003, 10:50 PM
Looks like I need to go to WI to get my select-fire assault rifle before they close that loop-hole!:evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "An upcoming TV news hit piece on 'assault rifles' & 'loopholes'" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!