Prank

PDA

patentnonsense
July 8, 2004, 09:47 PM
OK guys, here's what I pulled -

and I know I'm going to pay, but how could I resist such a chance:

My girlfriend has been going shooting with me, and really likes it. She's a little recoil-intolerant, so I've switched her from my .38 to some lighter stuff. After trying 380 and 32ACP, she wanted to try my little boy's 22.

She has a good sense of humor - otherwise, Heaven knows, she would not be dating me!

Well...
just after we scheduled a shoot with some friends, I happened to notice a box of .22 blanks which I'd gotten for dog training. "Oh no," said the little angel on my shoulder, "Don't you dare!"

So...

I dumped out a box of normal .22LR on the desk at the firing line, and, when she was ready to try the .22 revolver, I helpfully loaded it for her.

With blanks.

After each shot she stared quizzically at the target; after the sixth she finally turned around, with that same puzzled expression, and I was BUSTED!

My daughter says I'm going to hell - guess I better call the florist!

Probably an old trick, but it sure was fun! I can't wait for the payback.

If you enjoyed reading about "Prank" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BryanP
July 8, 2004, 09:59 PM
Better load blanks in her other guns tonight if you know what's good for you. :neener:

possenti
July 8, 2004, 10:09 PM
I assume it was a revolver she was shooting. I could never get blanks to cycle in a semi.

My uncle did this to me when I was about 12. I was scoring pretty well and gaining confidence when he put in the blanks. I thought I was going blind.

Eskimo Jim
July 8, 2004, 10:44 PM
I saw a box of 22 blanks in the store the other day and the same thought crossed my mind. :evil:

But, :evil: <-- better opponant ruled and I didn't buy the blanks

-Jim

Hypnogator
July 9, 2004, 12:41 AM
I did just the opposite -- lucky I ever got married.

Back in the olden days, when my wife was still my girlfriend, she and I were shooting my sporterized '03 Springfield off my back porch (love farm life). I had a bunch of handloads loaded with 110-gr M-1 Carbine bullets, with squib charges roughly equivalent to the carbine load. Recoil was almost non-existent. WELL, she got to acting cocky about shooting that HUGE (to her) cartridge with its puny recoil.

:evil: Couldn't resist slipping one of my hunting loads into the magazine -- a 150-gr Spitzer at ~3,000 fps. I caught the gun when she went over backwards on her cute little bottom.

WELL....... It took a LOT of flowers to make up for THAT mistake!

She married me in spite of my personality. We just celebrated our 34th.

Jim March
July 9, 2004, 01:13 AM
Another good one involves loading up 12ga slug shot.

With a banana slug.

http://www.electricelf.org/album/images/2003_01_11_thumb_park_presidio_banana_slug.jpg

4v50 Gary
July 9, 2004, 01:20 AM
You should have Preacherman "confess" to his big bore story in which he proves his manliness over his cohorts. :)

Red_SC
July 9, 2004, 10:43 AM
I once borrowed a friend's new shotgun while we were shooting some skeet, for the sole purpose of slipping in a 3" 00 buckshot when I was done. He is a big guy, but the stunned look on his face when he turned back around was priceless.:evil:

He must have thought it was funny. A few months later, we were shooting with another friend, and he asked to try out the other guy's brand new Benelli. That stunned look:what: is just as funny the second time.:neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Prank" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!