July 8, 2004, 08:47 PM
OK guys, here's what I pulled -

and I know I'm going to pay, but how could I resist such a chance:

My girlfriend has been going shooting with me, and really likes it. She's a little recoil-intolerant, so I've switched her from my .38 to some lighter stuff. After trying 380 and 32ACP, she wanted to try my little boy's 22.

She has a good sense of humor - otherwise, Heaven knows, she would not be dating me!

just after we scheduled a shoot with some friends, I happened to notice a box of .22 blanks which I'd gotten for dog training. "Oh no," said the little angel on my shoulder, "Don't you dare!"

I dumped out a box of normal .22LR on the desk at the firing line, and, when she was ready to try the .22 revolver, I helpfully loaded it for her.

With blanks.

After each shot she stared quizzically at the target; after the sixth she finally turned around, with that same puzzled expression, and I was BUSTED!

My daughter says I'm going to hell - guess I better call the florist!

Probably an old trick, but it sure was fun! I can't wait for the payback.

If you enjoyed reading about "Prank" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
July 8, 2004, 08:59 PM
Better load blanks in her other guns tonight if you know what's good for you. :neener:

July 8, 2004, 09:09 PM
I assume it was a revolver she was shooting. I could never get blanks to cycle in a semi.

My uncle did this to me when I was about 12. I was scoring pretty well and gaining confidence when he put in the blanks. I thought I was going blind.

Eskimo Jim
July 8, 2004, 09:44 PM
I saw a box of 22 blanks in the store the other day and the same thought crossed my mind. :evil:

But, :evil: <-- better opponant ruled and I didn't buy the blanks

July 8, 2004, 11:41 PM
I did just the opposite -- lucky I ever got married.

Back in the olden days, when my wife was still my girlfriend, she and I were shooting my sporterized '03 Springfield off my back porch (love farm life). I had a bunch of handloads loaded with 110-gr M-1 Carbine bullets, with squib charges roughly equivalent to the carbine load. Recoil was almost non-existent. WELL, she got to acting cocky about shooting that HUGE (to her) cartridge with its puny recoil.

:evil: Couldn't resist slipping one of my hunting loads into the magazine -- a 150-gr Spitzer at ~3,000 fps. I caught the gun when she went over backwards on her cute little bottom.

WELL....... It took a LOT of flowers to make up for THAT mistake!

She married me in spite of my personality. We just celebrated our 34th.

Jim March
July 9, 2004, 12:13 AM
Another good one involves loading up 12ga slug shot.

With a banana slug.

4v50 Gary
July 9, 2004, 12:20 AM
You should have Preacherman "confess" to his big bore story in which he proves his manliness over his cohorts. :)

July 9, 2004, 09:43 AM
I once borrowed a friend's new shotgun while we were shooting some skeet, for the sole purpose of slipping in a 3" 00 buckshot when I was done. He is a big guy, but the stunned look on his face when he turned back around was priceless.:evil:

He must have thought it was funny. A few months later, we were shooting with another friend, and he asked to try out the other guy's brand new Benelli. That stunned look:what: is just as funny the second time.:neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Prank" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!