Closed Threads, Part 2

PDA

muddyboots
February 14, 2003, 06:15 PM
This morning I opened a thread titled "Closed Threads." I said that I had recently attempted to contribute to two threads that had been closed and asked why they might have been closed. I received replies from both Oleg Volk and Correia who said pretty much the same thing - off topic, dead horse, pugnacious, or offensive. One of them then closed the thread. So here it is again, with a further query.

The thread that had been closed was titled "Other Than Whine, What Other French Products Can I Boycott?" The subject was certainly off-topic, not related to firearms, but then so are many others in this forum. This thread concerned politics, current events, and reaction to French foreign policy.

Two other threads, open at the time I am writing this, are "So France Isn't Backing Us" and "Duct Tape, Saving America From Terror." What is it that makes these two threads worthy of further discussion while the first one was not? I think I'll try the "French Whine" again and see how far I get.

If you enjoyed reading about "Closed Threads, Part 2" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
spacemanspiff
February 14, 2003, 06:24 PM
i think most discussions of an international nature are held in the "legal & political" forum.

AZTOY
February 14, 2003, 06:26 PM
Well i know that mine will get closed. But if i can give the guys a laugh i will do it. :neener: :neener: :neener:

muddyboots
February 14, 2003, 06:27 PM
OK, that makes sense. Thanks.

4thHorseman
February 14, 2003, 06:32 PM
Hey man, if Oleg says, "Let it go," then let it go. Not hard to do.;)
Adding to that, I do think there should be a place on this forum where can just chat about all kinds of things non-gun related.

Betty
February 14, 2003, 07:01 PM
well, the other "closed threads" thread looks open now, so I'll close this one. :p

Nope, there's not going to be a non-gun forum on this board, AFAIK. What's your sign? What kind of antifungal spray or powder do you use? Do you like fast cars, big trucks, or take the Greyhound? Skunkabilly version: Does anyone make two-tone carbon fiber banjos? :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Closed Threads, Part 2" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!