Attachments not making it into thread

PDA

DJJ
July 8, 2004, 11:11 PM
I started a thread (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90781) in General with a couple of pictures, but it looks like they didn't make it. They were jpegs, each about 30k. I filled in the "attach file" field in the "post new thread" screen (one at a time).

If you enjoyed reading about "Attachments not making it into thread" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
July 8, 2004, 11:41 PM
As you know, that shouldn't happen. (Duh!)

You say you "filled in" the attach file field. You could have made a typo in the file location. Be sure to use the "browse" function, it is much less prone to errors.

There is a limit of one attachment per post for this version of vBulletin. Did you try multiple attachments in the same post?

Did you get any error messages when you submitted the post?

DJJ
July 9, 2004, 08:08 PM
1. Did that.
2. No.
3. No.

Trying again here....

Once the file pathname is in the attachment field, there's nothing else to do but hit "submit", correct?

Seems to work fine now.

Mal H
July 9, 2004, 08:39 PM
You were doing it correctly. Don't know why it didn't work yesterday.

(BTW, I cleaned up your thread in General by removing the posts where the images didn't make it to daylight.)

If you enjoyed reading about "Attachments not making it into thread" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!