Problems posting

PDA

Ex-MA Hole
July 9, 2004, 07:36 AM
You aware we're having issues this AM?

If you enjoyed reading about "Problems posting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Treylis
July 9, 2004, 07:40 AM
I'm getting errors too, plus I noticed that my post count doesn't seem to be incrementing.

Treylis
July 9, 2004, 07:40 AM
There seems to have been a slight problem with the The High Road database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

I'm getting errors too, plus I noticed that my post count doesn't seem to be incrementing.

sm
July 9, 2004, 08:22 AM
Same error message for me as well.
I also notice new posts to threads are not reflected as "view last post to this thread".

Gremlins I suspect.

OF
July 9, 2004, 08:40 AM
Same here.

- Gabe

OF
July 9, 2004, 08:41 AM
PS: But it looks like you can't edit an existing post. The error message pops up and nada.

OF
July 9, 2004, 08:43 AM
Another weird thing, while the new posts are showing up in the thread, the listing of posts does not update with who the last poster was...

- Gabe

OF
July 9, 2004, 08:44 AM
This thread still show 0 replies in my list. Definitely a database issue...

OF
July 9, 2004, 08:47 AM
But if I do a search on my usename, this thread comes up in the result list...so the search function sees my replies here...but I'm not listed as the last poster and the thread shows zero replies - ExMA-Hole is listed as the only poster.

rick_reno
July 9, 2004, 09:44 AM
I've had this happen twice. If you do the refresh thing, then back you'll be able to submit the same post again and it seems to work ok.

WhoKnowsWho
July 9, 2004, 10:21 AM
Problems! Weird how computers just freak out and stop working right eh?

halvey
July 9, 2004, 10:21 AM
Me too.

Larry Ashcraft
July 9, 2004, 10:27 AM
Weird. Now this thread shows 11 replies. A few minutes ago it showed none.

Last night about 8:00 I tried attaching a pic to my post and it wouldn't happen. It also appears that the entire forum was down between about 1:00 am and 5:00 am.

Derek, are you out there?

Skunkabilly
July 9, 2004, 11:02 AM
Put on your tinfoil helmet, boys and girls!! :scrutiny:

Ex-MA Hole
July 9, 2004, 11:31 AM
Put on your tinfoil helmet, boys and girls!!

Hate to sound stupid- but what does that mean? I've seen it a few times...

clipse
July 9, 2004, 11:35 AM
HEHEHE. I got my tin foil hat on under a wig so people don't look at me strange. For some reason they still look at me strang. Maybe I need a bette wig. :D

Go here to learn about the aluminum foil deflector beanie.

click here (http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html)

I posted about this same problem on the roundtable forum befor I saw this post.

clipse

MaterDei
July 9, 2004, 12:03 PM
Remember the hat only works with the shiney side out. This is key to survival!

btw, I can't attach files either.

Dionysusigma
July 9, 2004, 12:36 PM
I keep getting it too... :( Difficult to tell who's been replying.

Dionysusigma
July 9, 2004, 12:36 PM
I keep getting it too... :( Difficult to tell who's been replying.

Just got it agin when I first hit "Submit Reply." :cuss:

Johnny Guest
July 9, 2004, 12:58 PM
How interesting.

No real contribution from me - - Just thought I'd see if I could get a reply on without problems.
:)
Johnny

Daniel T
July 9, 2004, 01:10 PM
Now try to edit your reply Johnny.

Also seeing "0" for replies on threads that have plenty.

Daniel T
July 9, 2004, 01:11 PM
Also getting the error message upon submitting all posts. However, refreshing the thread shows my post.

Ex-MA Hole
July 9, 2004, 01:15 PM
Also can't search

BryanP
July 9, 2004, 01:22 PM
I've had that error myself several times this morning. There are a bunch of threads in General Gun Discussions right now that show to have 0 replies, including one to which I just replied that actually has 12 replies.

BryanP
July 9, 2004, 01:22 PM
I've had that error myself several times this morning. There are a bunch of threads in General Gun Discussions right now that show to have 0 replies, including one to which I just replied that actually has 12 replies.

(oh, and I just got the technical issues error the first time I tried to post this)

BryanP
July 9, 2004, 01:23 PM

(oh, and I just got the "slight problems" the first two times I tried to post this)

BryanP
July 9, 2004, 01:24 PM
Hmmm. And apparently trying to edit and save posts a duplicate? Bizarre.

aut2no
July 9, 2004, 02:37 PM
Guess I picked the wrong day to post for the first time

(General Gun Discussion/Partied w/ LEO over 4th)

Thought I'd never get it to post...thought it was my problem..or paranoid that I'd said something a moderator didn't like. Glad to see it was just bad timing :confused:

aut2no
July 9, 2004, 02:38 PM
Guess I picked the wrong day to post for the first time

(General Gun Discussion/Partied w/ LEO over 4th)

Thought I'd never get it to post...thought it was my problem..or paranoid that I'd said something a moderator didn't like. Glad to see it was just bad timing :confused:

I eventually went to "preview post" and entered "submit reply" and it shows.

Will try that process again here

Checkman
July 9, 2004, 02:41 PM
I'm unable to attach photos onto my post.

Foreign Devil
July 9, 2004, 02:49 PM
This is it! We're being spoofed by the NWO/Trilateral Commission/Freemasons! Watch the skies!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Derek Zeanah
July 9, 2004, 04:31 PM
Still happening, I suppose?

tyme
July 9, 2004, 05:19 PM
Everything should now be working except searching, which will probably be back tomorrow or Sunday at the latest.

test attachment...

If you enjoyed reading about "Problems posting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!