A new threat to a constitutional republic???

PDA

mountainclmbr
July 9, 2004, 11:13 PM
I was going to eat at an establishment near Denver, Co last week and was stopped by a very young man asking that I sign a petition to get an ammendment on the ballot to "prevent my voice from being lost by the Electoral College".

I refused and thought about it during my lunch. What I concluded was that the democratic party is probably trying to get a proportionate amount of electoral votes to popular vote in states that will likely go Republican, but will not do this in states likely to go democrat. This is like the slant taken by Gore in the FL recounts. Democrats get a proportion of electoral votes in Republican leaning states while getting all electorial votes in democrat leaning states.

Anyone else see this referendum?

If you enjoyed reading about "A new threat to a constitutional republic???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Justin
July 9, 2004, 11:49 PM
I've heard talk about it for at least 3 or 4 months. And yep, you nailed it on the head as to what the purpose is.

R.H. Lee
July 10, 2004, 12:00 AM
It's a push by the dems toward 'democracy' otherwise known as 'the tyranny of the majority'

Standing Wolf
July 10, 2004, 12:30 AM
Anyone else see this referendum?

Yep. The funding behind the referendum is largely from California. It's yet another ploy by the leftist extremists to shore up their foundations of sand.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
July 11, 2004, 01:05 AM
It's probably from the same folks who want to give 12 year olds and illegal aliens the vote, too.

Regards,
Rabbit.

If you enjoyed reading about "A new threat to a constitutional republic???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!