Informal survey: are high capacity mags getting cheaper yet?

PDA

Thirties
July 10, 2004, 10:38 AM
I'm curious if the inflated prices are beginning to fall on high capacity magazines.

With the sun about to set on the "assault" weapons ban, I'd expect to see the prices going down for the over-ten magazines.

Anyone have any observations from the field (gunshops, shows, i-net)?

If you enjoyed reading about "Informal survey: are high capacity mags getting cheaper yet?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
M2 Carbine
July 10, 2004, 11:00 AM
Not yet that I've seen.

The scalpers are probably still hoping the AWB will renew.

WhoKnowsWho
July 10, 2004, 11:17 AM
At the last show, I still saw plenty of $90 Glock 17 pre ban mags... :barf:

I am actually hoping after the ban expires, that people dump their ten round mags real cheap, I don't mind for range use to have a couple of extra ten rounders!

Thirties
July 10, 2004, 11:19 AM
Yes, I am also hoping to pick up some barain ten-rounders.

4v50 Gary
July 10, 2004, 11:33 AM
Haven't noticed any drop in the SF Bay Area. Remember though that we have our own CA imposed restrictions. :barf: Oh, we're soooo SAFE here.:rolleyes:

Landric
July 10, 2004, 02:52 PM
I have noticed some prices on sites such as this one seem to be going down some.

Should be plenty of used LE-Only mags on the market too once the ban sunsets. They will be legal for everyone also, and an increased used supply should equal a lower price.

CDNN is selling used LEO mags for Glocks for $6.99 right now.

SnakeEater
July 10, 2004, 04:52 PM
CDNN is having a sell this weekend, seems like they've dropped around $5-$10 off of various pre-ban mags.

WonderNine
July 10, 2004, 05:39 PM
Yes, they're getting MUCH cheaper. Glad I sold all of mine except carry mags many months ago.

Kingcreek
July 10, 2004, 07:01 PM
Oh, just great. You mean my big ol box of AR15/M16 30s and 20s new in wrapper may not fund my retirement??
I 'spose I'll have to rely on my Enron stock instead.

WhoKnowsWho
July 10, 2004, 08:40 PM
I 'spose I'll have to rely on my Enron stock instead.

Doh! :D

Wait, backup plan! Season sets of Survivor and Friends, bleh! :barf:

albanian
July 11, 2004, 04:59 AM
yes and no. I think AR-15 and AK-47 mags have dropped in price in the past few years but handgun mags have stayed the same.

WhoKnowsWho
July 12, 2004, 11:59 AM
Well, if all goes well, and the AWB sunsets, I have a gun show to attend 5 days after that... I'll get to see how many people actually realize what has happened... :D

CZ52GUY
July 12, 2004, 06:28 PM
...Glock High Caps have come down from "all time highs", but still command a premium.

AK's seem to have risen slightly (weird)...although the Drums are starting to come down.

AR's seem to be holding pretty steady.

CZ's are holding pretty steady (slight drop by some sellers) as are Sig's (~$5 drop from the late Winter, early Spring prices).

Some are getting much harder to find (e.g. .223 AK mag's).

Bottom line, many simply aren't available up my way other than through on-line distributors.

Safe shooting,

CZ52'

MoNsTeR
July 14, 2004, 11:46 AM
The prices at the GlockTalk classifieds have been sliding downward for a few months...

GEM
July 14, 2004, 12:25 PM
Gun show for a new drop free G19 Glock mag went from $119 to $99. Still way to high.

I bought a nondrop free G17 mag for $35ish awhile ago as a just in case the AWB comes back mag.

CZ52GUY
July 14, 2004, 02:08 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91615

Interesting development.

I was also interested to find out that the Senate calendar really only has 12 days left between now and 9/13/04 when AWB is set to expire.

Safe shooting,

CZ52'

Delmar
July 14, 2004, 02:12 PM
Heck, two 15 rounders for my Beretta Vertec came out to $550:what:
'Course, they made me buy a pistol to go with them........
Danged capitalists.

If you enjoyed reading about "Informal survey: are high capacity mags getting cheaper yet?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!