Anyone's Valentine's Day Involve Firearms?

PDA

BerettaNut92
February 14, 2003, 09:34 PM
Not me.

Maybe I should go to the range.

Runt? Oleg? Slingers?

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone's Valentine's Day Involve Firearms?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Schuey2002
February 14, 2003, 09:39 PM
I drove out to my favorite sand dune and ran about 200 rounds through my Hk SL8/G36 clone...

Oh how I wish that this was the real thing..

Slamfire.. It's a good thing.:D :D

Phyphor
February 14, 2003, 09:45 PM
yea, I ran 88 rounds through my Garand today.......... :D

coonan357
February 14, 2003, 09:54 PM
yep being unemployed ( waiting for security clearance to proceed for new job ) and single (waiting for new work before I go looking again ) one has a lot of time on ones hands ( been here 4 times already today ) so I cleaned up a few handguns and detail stripped them , fixed the sights on my smith and wesson , read somemore on reloading , called the NRA to find out whats needed to get my instructors certification , Called ruger to get the owners manual for the one missin on my 10/22 (bought used ) , called RCBS to get parts for my reloading press go I can overhaul it , went thtru the reloading components to make up a grocery list for when I go to the gun shop, dissasembled some misloads .... I GOT TO GET A LIFE !!!!!!!:what: :what: :neener: :D :scrutiny:

yesterdaysyouth
February 14, 2003, 10:02 PM
went to wal mart and bought some 45 and 357 for myself...

i always know what i want, never any guesswork, no worries about, will i like it, is it the right size, does it make me look fat, can you tell my nipples are hard, blah, blah, blah........

megatronrules
February 14, 2003, 10:03 PM
I hit the range with my brother today :D Ran some rounds through the Glocks. Some cool guys there let us try their Cetme. Cool gun! LOUD! A great day all in all :)

coonan357
February 14, 2003, 10:20 PM
oh least I forget I changed the fuel filter on the truck ..:D

enichols
February 14, 2003, 10:21 PM
Since my date bailed on me :fire: I bought and installed sling swivels on my 10/22. Now I need to get a sling.

hansolo
February 14, 2003, 10:34 PM
I told my guns how much I love them.:rolleyes:

Kcustom45
February 14, 2003, 10:45 PM
My girlfriend and I went to the shooting range to get her new Springfield XD-40 that she bought, and then we shot it. Very nice gun by the way.

larryw
February 14, 2003, 10:46 PM
Yes indeed. Rifle range this morning to practice off-hand. Bought a new 22 rifle for my son this evening. And, best of all, my wife is taking me out on a V-day date tomorrow night: first we hit the pistol range, followed by dinner and an action-movie (and the kids are spending the night at her sister's). Yipee!

Cactus
February 14, 2003, 11:45 PM
No shooting but I picked up my new MK IV Series 80 38 Super in stainless today!

kalibear45
February 14, 2003, 11:48 PM
I told my guns how much I love them.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sally/lol.gif

Hawkeye755
February 15, 2003, 01:28 AM
Ordered a Bushmaster today. I had to grease the wheels by buying flowers and jewlery for the better half, well worth the expense

Phil Ca
February 15, 2003, 02:59 AM
I took my wife and four year old grandson to lunch and carried my pocket pistol with me as usual. Yes there are some places in the PRK that allow CCWs.

:D

Nightcrawler
February 15, 2003, 07:48 AM
Nope. I live on campus. So, I went to the gym, and was there with all of the other single guys (there weren't many).

Oh, yeah, and I have tendonitis in my right foot. I made the mistake of going running in our stadium; the floor is so hard that an hour of running gave me tendonitis, according to the doctor.

*sigh*

Kahr carrier
February 15, 2003, 07:58 AM
Nope mine didnt ,but my friend gave his girlfriend a Browning Buckmark for V day and she loved it.:)

Dave Bean
February 15, 2003, 08:09 AM
Yes !!! I got to take home a re-furbished L1A1 in 308.

And my Beretta 92G Elite 1A FINALLY (after 5 months) came in. I was fondling her for a good 15 minutes. :D Stupid fired case law in NY !!!!!! After all the paperwork clears the judge, at least another month, I'll be taking her home. She's totally tactical, all she's needs is a pair of carbon fiber grips. :)

Dave

illuminatus99
February 15, 2003, 09:13 AM
mine did in a way, my wife bought us a family membership at the range we go to. yay! no more range fees! :)

Sisco
February 15, 2003, 09:19 AM
Just by coincidence. I had ordered a set of cocobolo grips for my Kimber and they came in the mail yesterday. My birthday's coming up next month and I had shown the wife some Alumagrips I thought would look good. She saw the new grips on the Kimber and said "How many grips do you need for that gun anyway?"
Soooo, If I happen to get a pair of Alumagrips in the next few weeks I will probably have a pair of wood grips for sale!

HSMITH
February 15, 2003, 09:35 AM
Me and a buddy went out and shot for a couple hours. Luckily we had both taken care of the wives early so we could get out and do some shooting.

Blackcloud6
February 15, 2003, 10:10 AM
Yep. Fired a bunch of round through my Glock Model 30 and my Uberti SAA. Also zeroed in my "new" HAR Garand. Great day at the range!

Prodigalshooter
February 15, 2003, 10:47 AM
Yup, I shot our monthly IDPA classifier last night.

Steve in PA
February 15, 2003, 11:06 AM
KInda........wife and I went to the big outdoor show in Harrisburg, PA. Bought some en blocs for my Garand.......she bought some small trinkets and such.......had a good time though.

12.7x99mm
February 15, 2003, 11:19 AM
I have to drive to the big city to pick up my girl today and I allways take a pistol when I go there. So yes.

:)

Croyance
February 15, 2003, 12:19 PM
I've had emotional, disfunctional relationships before, but the most I have dodged is flying objects.:p

Navy joe
February 15, 2003, 12:22 PM
Yeah, I bought a used G17 as a valentine's companion for my 34. Now it won't be lonely. Some guy was trying to beat down my door using a bunch of flowers or something as cover. Figured it was a home invasion. The DA hasn't said whether they will press charges. ;) ...

4 eyed six shooter
February 15, 2003, 12:41 PM
I put the finishing touches on the 22-250 that I built. Can't wait to shoot it. It has a 1-9 twist, so I'm working up several handloads with the 75 grn BTHP bullets. :D

HABU
February 15, 2003, 02:51 PM
Nope, but my Valtro will be here in 2 days! :neener: I'll see if my wife can tell it apart from my gold cup and notice I have another pistol. :evil:

Since my date bailed on me
:what: bummer

bad_dad_brad
February 15, 2003, 05:22 PM
I fondled my AR15. Her name is Charlene. Does that count?

Sheslinger
February 15, 2003, 08:28 PM
Cslinger got a PC627 as a really early Valentine's gift back in September. He got the awesomest looking M1 Garand last week as an early Valentine's gift.

Went to a gun show today, almost bought an M1 Carbine (all original Winchester parts, has not left the country - no importation stamp for - get this - only $600.00 in prestine condition). Some guy who talked to the seller first pulled out the money as soon as I reached for my checkbook. Go figure. I think he was buying to resell right there so that really did not sit well with me especially after we have been looking into M1 Carbines and this was the best looking gun and the best deal yet.

On the other hand, did run into Oleg and Runt there and they told us about an earlier ND. The guy discharged his rifle into the floor and was asked to leave and never come back.

I will ask Cslinger to post the pictures later.
Sheslinger

cslinger
February 15, 2003, 08:52 PM
I posted this in the rifles thread so here is a link to that post.

That M1 carbine was awesome and I am sorry we missed out.

I do have an itch for a itty bitty .45 but that is next valentines.

Chris

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?threadid=8120

BerettaNut92
February 16, 2003, 01:25 AM
I learned the basics on defending against knife attacks. That was pretty fun. I definitely know now I rather get into a gunfight than a knife fight. Ouch.

Minute_Of_Torso
February 16, 2003, 01:40 AM
Yes!

My wonderful wife decided that my brand new Ruger GP100 was, in her words, "My gun." So I said, "Does that mean that I can go get another gun to replace it?" Much to my surprise she gave me permission! (Yes, I admit it, she gave me permission).

Less than two hours later I had a NIB Springfield Armory Mil-Spec 1911-A1 sitting on the seat of my pickup as I drove home.

What with the romantic dinner, having time away from the kids, and the new gun . . . it was a great Valentine's Day!

Marshall
February 16, 2003, 02:41 AM
Did Valentines Day involve a firearm?

No, and thank God it didn't have to! :D :neener:

Erik Jensen
February 16, 2003, 01:32 PM
sorta.. I went to the county clerk and filed my CCW application. how romantic, eh?

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone's Valentine's Day Involve Firearms?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!