person to person X-fer help

PDA

gabeodog
July 12, 2004, 07:54 PM
I was asked by someone I work with in the military a question that was tough to answer so i said i would get back to them once i researched it. so I am asking all of you for help.

Co-worker is an NY resident had been in the military for 10 years at the time "ish". He bought a handgun in CA, moved to FL sold the gun to an aquaintence as a personel sale no ffl x-fer just between them.

Now he is worried (scared) that it will bite him in the butt.
He cant get ahold of the buyer they have moved or somthing.
The sale took place 5-6 years ago.
What should he do?

I am posting this on another board also just for more opinions.
all the help would be gratefull i dont know what to tell him.

If you enjoyed reading about "person to person X-fer help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
auschip
July 12, 2004, 07:57 PM
Doesn't sound like he has anything to worry about, as long as the person he sold it to could legally own a firearm. If it was someone he knew, then he would have known if they were a felon. He was living in the state and therefore it wasn't an out of state sale. What is the worry?

Gray Peterson
July 12, 2004, 08:31 PM
Co-worker is an NY resident had been in the military for 10 years at the time "ish". He bought a handgun in CA, moved to FL sold the gun to an aquaintence as a personel sale no ffl x-fer just between them.

Before anyone jumps on the "NY Residency" here, remember that members of the military can buy firearms within their state of "domicile" and state of "residence", so long as they are there actually "living" in the state that they are buying from. It's the same for snowbirds too.

If you enjoyed reading about "person to person X-fer help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!