Taurus vs. Beretta...anyone own both?

PDA

orangeninja
July 12, 2004, 08:37 PM
I recently saw a Beretta Brigadier 96 .40 cal and asked the guy why the slide was so beefed up. He said it was because the .40 cal had a tendancy to crack the slide, however the PT96 by Taurus is the same light slide as a 9mm with a lifetime warranty. The origional 96 is still being used, so what is the purpose of the Brigadier?

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus vs. Beretta...anyone own both?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
faustulus
July 13, 2004, 12:04 AM
sales? ;)

RooK
July 13, 2004, 02:13 AM
The 96 is made in non-Brigadier, and the 92 is also made in Brigadier. From what I understand, the military had an isolated incident with a cracked slide on a 92 and they introduced the Brigadier version that is more beefed up. Chances are, the original cracked slide incident was due to improper heat treating or a bad part.

BTW, CDNN is selling a 96 Brigadier w/ night sights right now for $550 in stainless.

orangeninja
July 13, 2004, 07:26 PM
Yeah....I saw that. Nice.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus vs. Beretta...anyone own both?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!