M4orgery A3 Style, which?.........

PDA

i-SHOT
December 29, 2002, 01:38 AM
...would you recommend for defense, plinking, 3-gun.

Frankly, I don't think I'd be able to tell the diff if I shot any of 'em. Entry level, around the 800 marker. Too many of 'em out there... Only carbine I ever shot was the Colt Commando (in the Army).

Nice write up about the RRA carbine in last month's (I think) SWAT mag.

Thanks, guys.

If you enjoyed reading about "M4orgery A3 Style, which?........." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
December 29, 2002, 01:43 AM
I would go with the Bushmaster, but that is my knee jerk reaction to all such questions.

Coronach
December 29, 2002, 10:22 AM
I love my RRA M4gery, A3 style. It is a thing of beauty.

Mike

i-SHOT
December 29, 2002, 11:35 AM
Coronach, out of curiosity, how much did you pay for yours? ..if you don't me asking. Thanks.

Wakal
December 29, 2002, 12:18 PM
I've been running a Bushmaster LE/M4 in 3-gun for almost two years now...no problems at all. Accurate, dependable...but it is a Bushmaster, after all.

http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/images/file/guns/M4_july01.JPG

Alex

Redlg155
December 29, 2002, 12:30 PM
The Rock River models are sweet.

I don't know of what the prices are on a complete M4 RR these days but you could easily part one together for under $800.

Prices from Sableco.net.
A2/M4 Upper with Chrome lining and CAR Handguards...$443.00
A4/M4 Upper with Chrome Lining and CAR Handguards...$412.00
M4 Tactical Entry Upper with Chrome Lining, M4 Double Heatshield Handguards, Side Sling Swivel, and Tactical Carry Handle...$572.00
M4/A2 Tactical Entry Upper with Chrome Lining, M4 Double Heat Shield Handguards, and Side Sling Swivel...$536.00
M4 Entry Tactical Upper with Detachable Tactical Carry Handle and M4 Double Heat Shield Handguards-Pre Ban or Post Ban. Post Ban model includes Pressed on Flash Suppressor to give a Pre Ban appearance............$531.00

Throw in another $250 for a complete lower, snap em together and viola! Instant AR15.

The second deal sounds the best for to me. $412.00 for a complete chrome lined M4 profiled barrel isn't bad at all. That would bring the rifle cost to about $700 complete after paying shipping and FFL fees to your dealer for the lower.

Now that Rock River has Chrome Lined barrels I'm seeing less of a difference between them and Bushmaster.

Good Shooting
RED

i-SHOT
December 29, 2002, 02:12 PM
I guess it does bore down to RRA and Bushmaster. That's what I thot. Thanks for the info, guys.

Redlg155, thanks for the tip. I'm gonna check Sableco.net out right now.

enfwago
December 29, 2002, 04:37 PM
I have heard good things about DPMS, plus they are a little bit cheaper than Bushmaster or RRA.

Rob96
December 29, 2002, 06:07 PM
DPMS does indeed make a very good rifle. It might be less expensive than the Bushy's and such, but they are not inferior.

If you enjoyed reading about "M4orgery A3 Style, which?........." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!