Why not?

PDA

JohnKSa
July 13, 2004, 01:15 AM
Curious to know the rationale behind not allowing users to edit their own polls or delete their own posts.

If you enjoyed reading about "Why not?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Derek Zeanah
July 13, 2004, 01:47 AM
If you can delete your own post, and it's the first in a thread, then the entire thread is deleted. We can't get more granular than that.

JohnKSa
July 13, 2004, 11:01 PM
Thanks. I wondered about that.

What about not being able to edit your own polls? I screwed one up in the Autoloader section and it won't let me fix it or even edit the subject line...

Mal H
July 13, 2004, 11:11 PM
Actually, I'm not sure why editing your own poll isn't allowed. I believe it was the default when vBulletin was installed.

If any other moderators have a reason for it to remain that way, let's discuss it here. Personally, I don't how it can be abused.

In the meantime, John, what did you want the title to be. We can't change the type of poll (single or multiple choice) once it has been submitted.

JohnKSa
July 13, 2004, 11:31 PM
Mal,

I was going to change the title to note that the poll wasn't working as designed. If you can fix my initial screwup that won't be necessary. ;)

I wanted the poll to be a "select as many as apply" variety (as opposed to choose only one) but must have missed the button that allowed that option...

If that can't be changed then please put something in the title to note that the polls is not working as desired e.g. 'Poll busted, comments only' or some such.

Appreciate the help.

John

Mal H
July 13, 2004, 11:36 PM
I checked the options for polls. It doesn't look like we can change the editing options. Sorry.

As I said, we can't change the poll type. I'll change the poll title or delete the poll if possible.

JohnKSa
July 14, 2004, 01:06 AM
Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Why not?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!