This is just nuts.

PDA

Diggler
July 13, 2004, 02:16 PM
I think he's suffered enough.

Man Jailed for Shooting Off His Testicles (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=573&e=1&u=/nm/20040713/od_nm/odd_testicles_dc)
LONDON (Reuters) - A British man who accidentally shot himself in the testicles after drinking 15 pints of beer was jailed for five years on Tuesday for possessing an illegal firearm, a court spokesman said.

David Walker, 28, was arguing with a friend at a pub in South Yorkshire, northern England, when he went home to get his sawed-off shotgun, which he jammed into his trousers.

But as he walked back to the pub, the gun went off, blasting pellets into his testicles. Doctors later removed what remained of his testicles during emergency surgery.

Walker admitted possessing a prohibited weapon at a hearing in June at the court in Sheffield.

If you enjoyed reading about "This is just nuts." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Preacherman
July 13, 2004, 02:19 PM
Looks like the court wanted to leave him to dangle...

(since there ain't nothin' else a-danglin', if ya know what I mean... :D )

Also, your thread title is wrong - shouldn't it be "This is just no-nuts"??? :neener:

Diggler
July 13, 2004, 02:24 PM
I wanted to at least leave the illusion that maybe I wasn't THAT depraved.

Oh well, my friends know me better... :D

Guy B. Meredith
July 13, 2004, 02:35 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/07/13/world/main629312.shtml

Preacherman
July 13, 2004, 02:39 PM
Duplicate threads merged.

Nathanael_Greene
July 13, 2004, 04:53 PM
Walker admitted possessing a prohibited weapon

...speaking in a very high-pitched voice...

odysseus
July 13, 2004, 06:10 PM
Some lessons are learned the hard way...

Standing Wolf
July 13, 2004, 06:19 PM
He's probably done the British gene pool a favor—er, make that "favour."

R.H. Lee
July 13, 2004, 06:22 PM
Maybe he could become a jester in the Queen's court. Weren't they eunuchs?

Carlos Cabeza
July 13, 2004, 06:59 PM
Shot size ???? 9, 10 maybe ? BBBBBBBB ?:D

SoundWave
July 13, 2004, 08:15 PM
Need I say more?

LONDON (Reuters) - A British man who accidentally shot himself in the testicles after drinking 15 pints of beer has been jailed for five years for possessing an illegal firearm, a court spokesman says.

David Walker, 28, was arguing with a friend at a pub in South Yorkshire when he went home to get his sawn-off shotgun, which he jammed into his trousers.

But as he walked back to the pub, the gun went off, blasting pellets into his testicles. Doctors later removed what remained of his testicles during emergency surgery.

Walker admitted possessing a prohibited weapon at a hearing in June at the court in Sheffield.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040713/80/exxaq.html

Sindawe
July 13, 2004, 08:29 PM
Is that not almost a gallon? (I still think in metric for weights and volumes) Why was the dude even walking around at that point? Unless English beer is really weak, or their pints are very small.

But I guess Darwin has his way with the fellow, since he'll not be passing his genes on to posterity after this. :D I do hope he'd not reproduced before this 'tragic' accident.

This should serve as an example of the way to NOT store one's sawed-off shotgun. Get a case, box or something. Stuffing it down one's trousers is just asking for trouble.

Tom Servo
July 13, 2004, 09:01 PM
David Walker, 28, was arguing with a friend at a pub in South Yorkshire when he went home to get his sawn-off shotgun, which he jammed into his trousers.
Now, if we could only teach the French that this is a "cool" way to carry a gun...;)

I used to carry a Rossi .38 in crossdraw sometimes, and I was always a little peckish about this sort of thing happening. A 12-gauge...yow. With two major arteries in that region, he's fortunate to be alive.

Iron Mike
July 13, 2004, 10:38 PM
First off the French have much smaller targets and second i5 pints is almost two gallons.Whew! that boy could drink. If I had that much to drink I'd be shot to

45R
July 13, 2004, 11:12 PM
Man Jailed for Shooting Off His Testicles

Tue Jul 13, 1:06 PM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

LONDON (Reuters) - A British man who accidentally shot himself in the testicles after drinking 15 pints of beer was jailed for five years on Tuesday for possessing an illegal firearm, a court spokesman said.

David Walker, 28, was arguing with a friend at a pub in South Yorkshire, northern England, when he went home to get his sawed-off shotgun, which he jammed into his trousers.

4v50 Gary
July 13, 2004, 11:19 PM
That's why sawed off shotguns are illegal. :D

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Car Knocker
July 13, 2004, 11:23 PM
Think of this as an improvement to the gene pool.

sm
July 13, 2004, 11:33 PM
Ouch!

In further news today London has decided to close all pubs , the sale of, or distribution of ale by the pint.

Reasons cited :

Incidents such as those of Mr. Walker , could be prevented . If there were no pubs, no ale, and nobody to argue with, this unfortunate incident would have never happend.

This ruling is patterned after the Gun Laws currently being implemented in the UK with excellent results.

j/k

Selfdfenz
July 14, 2004, 12:13 AM
The situation was probably made even worse by the injured party's nearly constant need to eliminate the 15 pints ........and the adjoining equipment required for that activity.
S-

JPL
July 14, 2004, 12:14 AM
No, the way I read it, he was jailed for having an illegal shotgun in Britain.

Sending his ghoolies far and away was simply a stupidity bonus.

He's going to be very popular in the big house.

Pilgrim
July 14, 2004, 01:05 AM
Is this the prelude to the extinction of a race?

Pilgrim

Warren
July 14, 2004, 01:32 AM
Dude...It's "Balls to the Wall" not "Balls on the Wall."

45King
July 14, 2004, 09:03 AM
Hmmm.....appears to me this is more "nutless" than "nuts"....

JohnKSa
July 14, 2004, 09:27 PM
What a gold mine.

Lessee here.

1. Britain has removed firearms from the public to prevent murder. Mr. Walker is pioneering a similar approach to preventing rape.

2. Ingredients:

1 Loaded sawed off illegal shotgun
1 pair of trousers
15 pints of beer

Drink beer
Shove shotgun in trousers
Walk back to pub

Recipe for shredded nuts--makes one serving.

3. What has 15 pints of beer, one sawed off shotgun and two nuts?
NOT David Walker.

Tharg
July 15, 2004, 01:43 AM
Course - the real question is how did he get said shotgun - aren't they all banned?

<sorry - couldn't resist when gun control laws are working so well for the law abiding citizens =( >

J/Tharg!

4570Rick
July 15, 2004, 06:21 AM
Is that not almost a gallon?

2 Pints = 1 Quart
4 Pints = 1/2 Gal.
8 Pints = one Gal
15 Pints = one stupid drunk gelding.

Did someone order more chlorine for the gene pool?

Andrew Rothman
July 15, 2004, 05:53 PM
Does nobody think he has been punished enough?

R.H. Lee
July 15, 2004, 06:00 PM
Maybe he could get a pair of these:
http://www.neuticles.com/index1.html

Bainx
July 15, 2004, 06:01 PM
Hey, the guy was a disloyal subject who broke the law. What else would you expect them to do to him?;)

opus1776
July 15, 2004, 08:54 PM
Darwin, paging Charles Darwin.......:D :D :D

TomSwift
July 15, 2004, 10:17 PM
Is he serving his time in the men's or women's prison? :)

Stand_Watie
July 15, 2004, 11:18 PM
I believe that English pints are 20 ounces, and their beer is slightly stronger than ours (something like 5.5 to 6% alcohol). So 15 English pints would equal more than 25 American beers. He's lucky he's not dead of alcohol poisoning.

What's really sad is that they think they are being so tough to sentence him to 5 years for posession of a firearm (which will be 2.5 years after his early realease) when he should have gotten more time for that just for the attempted assault with a deadly weapon.

Tharg
July 16, 2004, 12:29 AM
When i was stationed over there - they set out what the beers were alcohol wise and its been nearly 10 years so not sure...

but supposedly the Tennants superlager was meant to be twice a michelobe - so roughly 6.8%

Course - MY friends got me hooked on 'K' cider... which was 7.4 and went down like ... well... apple juice <grin>

I actually found some K here in the states in college station where my brother was going to college - course.. it was dumbed down to american numbers... 5% i think...

J/Tharg!

JoeRapture
July 16, 2004, 04:20 AM
I suppose he would have been considered armed but no longer dangerous...

Heraclitus
July 16, 2004, 10:08 AM
Doctors later removed what remained of his testicles during emergency surgery.and...
Walker admitted possessing a prohibited weapon at a hearing in June at the court in Sheffield.I suppose this means that the ball's not in his court. :D

Sunspot
July 16, 2004, 11:35 AM
Sounds like he went off half cocked

If you enjoyed reading about "This is just nuts." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!