from today's CATO Daily Dispatch, interesting read

PDA

alan
July 13, 2004, 03:56 PM
http://www.cato.org/dailys/10-31-02.html

If you enjoyed reading about "from today's CATO Daily Dispatch, interesting read" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Devonai
July 13, 2004, 04:02 PM
Uh, did CATO decide to dust this one off because they thought it was still relevant 21 months later?

alan
July 13, 2004, 04:27 PM
Devonai:

I suppose that you would have to ask the people at CATO about that, however perhaps they do think it relevant.

Devonai
July 13, 2004, 07:50 PM
Ah, I was just confused about the date of 10/31/02 for the article.

RevDisk
July 13, 2004, 08:34 PM
Sorry if I sound cynical, but it sounds like the vague warnings are just CYA for govt employees. Folks have blamed just about every agency possible, and no agency wants to have a bad rep. Now, if there is an attack of just about any origin, most crafty 'civil servents' have a dusty press release to wave around and scream "We tried to warn everyone, but no one listened!"

Business as usual. Shouldn't really be surprising.

alan
July 14, 2004, 12:39 AM
RevDisk:

I don't know about you sounding cynical, more likely, I think it's just realistic.

If you enjoyed reading about "from today's CATO Daily Dispatch, interesting read" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!